Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Downloading music not working

So I found out recently that I can now download the Pokemon Heartgold and Pokemon Soulsilver Super Music Collection. I'm trying to download it, but everytime I do, it comes up with a message of:

Could not purchase "Pokemon Heartgold & Pokemon Soulsilver: Super Music Collection". The network connection was reset. Make sure your network connection is active and try again.

My problem here is that, no matter what I try, I cannot get it to download. I've checked for updates (I'm using iTunes 11.1.3) and I have tried signing out and signing back in and restarting my computer, but nothing has worked. Any and all searches for people with the same problem has come up with nothing that could help me.

Has anyone else had this problem?

The image below is what I've been trying to do.

User uploaded file

Posted on Jan 15, 2014 12:12 AM

9 replies

Jan 15, 2014 2:21 PM in response to SaitheSuperSaiyan

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem, I can't buy this exact album on either my MacBook or iPhone. The weird thing is that I can buy other albums it's only this album that doesn't work.

At one point I even got a message that my iTunes account was disabled when I tried to download it.

Is there something wrong with this specific album? Either buying a single track or the whole album does not work!

Jan 15, 2014 4:50 PM in response to BetaDevil

Thank you for your suggestion, but unfortunately:

1. I cannot reset the router, it's not mine and I am forbidden from touching it (I'll break it, that's how technologically challenged I am).

2. I have no phone, I cannot connect it that way.

3. I have absolutely no idea how to flush my DNS. Again, it's due to being technologically challenged.

I have tried everything else, but to no avail.

Jan 18, 2014 5:40 PM in response to SaitheSuperSaiyan

Oh, thank god it isn't just me having this problem.

Or at least I was, but I was able to succuessfully download it! I contacted Apple tech support and we figured it out (thanks, Stacy!).

Here's what my Apple tech and I did:

1) In iTunes on your computer, go to Edit -> Preferences -> Advanced

2) There should be two options that say "Reset all dialogue warnings" and "Reset iTunes Store cache". Click on both of those.

3) Sign out of your Apple ID on ALL your iOS devices that you might have (iPhone, iPod, Mac, iTunes, all of them).

4) Completely disable any and all firewall/security programs on your computer. I use avast!, and I disabled all shields for an hour.

5) Sign back into iTunes and try the purchase again.

It might act like it didn't work at first, as I also received the connection reset error with the blank album name after trying these steps. However, just sign out and back in again and you should be able to download everything off of the cloud. I recommend leaving the firewall off until the album is done downloading, just to be on the safe side.

User uploaded file

Jan 21, 2014 8:07 AM in response to SaitheSuperSaiyan

BetaDevil wrote:

So I've had contact with support and they told me there was a way to circumvent the problem.

If you "Gift" the album to yourself there doesn't occur an error (worked for me).

Problem for me is that it is 24 hours ago that I gifted myself the album but haven't received the redeem code yet, so I'm gonna follow support up on that.

Downloading music not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.