Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Mobile Device Driver Missing Under Device Manager

So I tried Everything , and my apple mobile device driver (or any apple driver) isn't showing up under my device manager. I'ts under my services but not under my device manager. This is causing neither of my iphones to sync with the computer. Please tell me if there is anyway to manually install the driver, since I followed apple's support for if it was missing, and it didnt work. My iphone(s) are not even being reognized as a camera or in recovery mode. I also reinstalled like 80 times and the driver is still not in the device manager. It's not my usb either since I have 3 usb's and neither of my iphone's will still not appear as a device in the deivce manager.

iPhone 4

Posted on Jan 18, 2014 11:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2014 2:58 AM

Before reinstalling iTunes, did you remove iTunes, QuickTime, Apple Software Update, and Apple Application Support?

Did you try disabling your antivirus, anti-adware, anti-spyware, and any other anti-whatever that is required with the secure OS your computer is running before reinstalling iTunes?

If you followed all the options included with this link -

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1926

If the steps outlined in this article don't help, you may be able to find a solution to your issue by searching the Microsoft support website.

50 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 19, 2014 2:58 AM in response to Thekittymix

Before reinstalling iTunes, did you remove iTunes, QuickTime, Apple Software Update, and Apple Application Support?

Did you try disabling your antivirus, anti-adware, anti-spyware, and any other anti-whatever that is required with the secure OS your computer is running before reinstalling iTunes?

If you followed all the options included with this link -

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1926

If the steps outlined in this article don't help, you may be able to find a solution to your issue by searching the Microsoft support website.

Jan 19, 2014 2:29 PM in response to Thekittymix

I agree with Allan. If you have truly tried EVERYTHING there is nothing else to try. On the off chance that you did not try EVERYTHING tell us what you did try. For example, did you do every step in this tip: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1925, and when you followed these directions did you first reboot your computer, log in with an account with Administrator privileges, disable your antivirus and firewall (and completely uninstall it if you have Kaspersky, which hates anything Apple)? And not skip any steps, including any reboot steps?

Jan 19, 2014 2:43 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Yes I did try that already, but people like me who have their apple driver deleted or is suddenly missing from their device manager have followed your steps and their apple mobile device usb is still not under their device manager. We've already established that reinstalling it completely does not bring it back nor restore it. My phone can charge through the comptuer, but no apple devices are appearing, nor does it make that noise to where you hear its been conencted to the computer. I deducted it to it being because my apple mobile device driver is no where to be found in the manager, and even when I plug my phone in, it doesn't show up as a "Unknown device" or "apple iphone" in the manager, nothing appears at all...

May 4, 2014 12:35 AM in response to Thekittymix

Hey Thekittymix, did you get this issue fixed. Im having the exact same problem. Can anyone help.

Apple Mobile USB Device Driver is Missing Under Device Manager. It shows - Unknown Device.

I reinstalled itunes and then my iPhone was detected but then when i removed the phone from the USB chord and then again plugged it in, the phone is not displayed under Devices. I guess this because of the missing - Apple Mobile USB Device Driver.

pls help. I use my phone as a hotspot (connected with USB chord) for using internet on my laptop. I cant use it any more.

And yea, sometimes the phone is charged, when I connect it to the chord, sometimes it doesnt.

May 20, 2014 8:08 AM in response to Thekittymix

Thekittymix you didn't try everything.....finally found a solution

Connect your idevice to computer the go to device manager, expand other devices, you device should be listed there, right-click it the select update driver, click on search my computer for drivers, then browse to C/Program files/Common files/Apple/Mobile Device support/drivers click on Ok.....

Enjoy......😉😉

May 25, 2014 2:55 AM in response to Messi001

Ok, I had the same issue over the last week, which I think was caused by a Win8.1 update.

I removed itunes and ALL other Apple software, including the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers, and re-booted and downloaded from scratch.

The USB drivers do not appear untill an iPhone is plugged in.

I've had Apple phones/ iTunes/ iPod for over 10 years, and this is the first issue I've had with non sysncing.

Hope this helps

Jun 3, 2014 10:27 PM in response to Thekittymix

Hello Apple Community,

ASUS N56VN laptop

Windows 8

itunes 11.2.2.3

iPhone 4s

I have been trying to find a way to 'mount' my iPhone as a drive so that I may remove images from my phone as I would any other removable Hard Drive and free up my phones memory.

Since I've upgraded to windows 8, something prevents my system from mounting the iPhone as an external drive. On further investigation (while trying troubleshooting methods mentioned above) I discovered that itunes will mount the iPhone as intended and I can interact within itunes.

However, I do not see the iphone 'mounted' on my system [In Windows Explorer; Device Manager or Devices and Printers>Unspecified] While removing the itunes items for a fresh install attempt, the iPhone mounted after I removed Apple Mobile Device Support Program [from Add and Remove Programs in Windows Control Panel].

This is likely to mean that I have a conflict between Apple Mobile Device Support [program/utilitie/service] and Windows 8's ability to mount the iphone?

As soon as I click the uninstall button while removing the Apple Mobile Device Support 'program' ... the iPhone mounts and is also present instantly in Device Manager>Portable Devices>Apple iPhone; as well as becoming available in the right column of the explorer window. Without unplugging the phone from the USB port.

At this stage I need to uninstall itunes every time I want to mount the iPhone and remove any images. More specifically uninstall Apple Mobile Device Support. Stopping this service in Services.msc does not do the trick.

A work around at best, but hardly an adequate solution... My apologies if this is too long winded... Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Thanking you

Apple Mobile Device Driver Missing Under Device Manager

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.