Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find duplicate pictures within an event, in iPhoto?

How do you find duplicate pictures within an event, in iPhoto. I merged 2 events and now it's huge and I know some are duplicates but doesn't sort it this way. One event was imported a year earlier and I just imported the other event now. When I merged, I thought it would ask me what to do with the duplicates but it didn't. It just added them together. 😕

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9), 2.66 GHz Intel Core i7

Posted on Jan 19, 2014 3:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2014 4:04 PM

That is not a feature of iPhoto - suggest to Apple - iPhoto Menu ==> provide iPhoto feedback.

iPhoto Library Manager - http://www.fatcatsoftware.com/iplm/ - is a good solution with many other useful features - Duplicate Annilator is another

LN

8 replies

Jan 20, 2014 9:06 AM in response to Yer_Man

To be honest, I don't know, but it did get rid of all the other language files I don't want in my computer. I read more about what LN referenced and with OS X doing a daily/weekly/monthly thing, I don't think I need to be doing this. Looks like there is no point. I guess I'll just keep it for removing obsolete programs where I can't find a uninstall file. At least it looks like it gets rid of all the stuff related to a file I don't want... dragging the app to the trash bin doesn't do this.

Jan 20, 2014 10:13 AM in response to Quacks

Quacks wrote:

... it did get rid of all the other language files I don't want in my computer.

That action cannot be reversed, and will result in a corrupted and unmaintainable system. I hope you created a backup before doing so.

Localization files account for an insignificant amount of disk space. Never use CleanMyMac, or anything like it, to do anything.

Find duplicate pictures within an event, in iPhoto?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.