Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad wont turn on? but apple logo appears

Yesterday my ipad died, I placed it on charge and a few hours later i noticed it still hadnt turned on so i used another 3 different chords. The ipad has been charging for more than 24 hours and over night. Around every 10-20 seconds the apple logo appears as if it's about to turn on but then the screen goes back to the black screen and sometimes the charging symbol appears. I've tried to reboot it many times by holding down the lock and home button and the apple logo appears but nothing else happens. if i unplug the ipad it shows the symbol of it needing to be charged so i know that the chords are working. i've had my ipad for over a year and nothing like this has happened before. someone please help me? ta x

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular (MM)

Posted on Jan 22, 2014 8:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2014 1:17 AM

I FOUND A SOLUTION!!!

I know this question is sort of old but I found a solution. This seemed to help me so hopefully it can help you. While your iPad/iPhone/iPod is looping get a charger ready. The Apple logo should appear and then it will automatically turn off. A spinny thing appears showing that it is turning off. While that thing is spinning plug in your charger. This way when you plug in your charger it doesnt turn back on but is still charging. After a few hourss turn your device back on and you can enjoy your iDevice. 😀

51 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 17, 2014 1:17 AM in response to madysencusens

I FOUND A SOLUTION!!!

I know this question is sort of old but I found a solution. This seemed to help me so hopefully it can help you. While your iPad/iPhone/iPod is looping get a charger ready. The Apple logo should appear and then it will automatically turn off. A spinny thing appears showing that it is turning off. While that thing is spinning plug in your charger. This way when you plug in your charger it doesnt turn back on but is still charging. After a few hourss turn your device back on and you can enjoy your iDevice. 😀

Apr 12, 2014 5:11 AM in response to madysencusens

Ok, after having my ipad 2 3rd Generation for about a year, its bombed out on me,playing on it until battery drained. Didn’t think anything of it, plugged into charge thinking it would be charged by the morning. This didn’t happen.

It was stuck on the apple sign, booted to home screen and switched off again due to low battery. Continued on this loop for the whole day……

I searched the internet and it seemed all doom and gloom that I would need to by another one. Then I stumbled upon a forum where the advice so far has worked for me.

The reason why it gets stuck in a loop is because the IPad was not shut down manually, so therefore keeps trying to boot up soon as it has some battery power. Problem is, its gone beyond a point and now and there isn’t enough battery life to boot to main or home screen after apple logo.

The remedy is quiet simple, follow these steps to get the ipad to home screen to power it down so it has sufficient time to charge up and boot normally and get off the endless loop.

1. Plug into wall socket to get it charging.
  2. Wait until the apple logo appears and wants to boot up.
  3. QUICKLY hold down home button and reset/ sleep button at the same time until it reboots.
  4. Release buttons now. should now power down and reboot
  5. Repeat step 3 at least 30 to 40 times which is about 10 minutes in duration everytime you see the logo appear on the screen.
  6. Now Let IPad boot up fully, should see home screen with about 2% battery life
  7. QUICKLY hit the rest/ sleep button down for about 2 to 5 seconds.
  8. Swipe the screen to when slider appears to switch off the ipad.
  9. This will now power down the IPad which now will not reboot by itself so it can now charge without any interruption’s.
  10. Allow battery to charge for a least an hour or two without trying to put it on.
  11. Switch the IPad on
  12. You should now have about 10 to 20% battery Life
  13. Power it down again by holding the reset/ Sleep button down again and swipe the screen to power down, let it charge fully to 100% now which will take few hours
  14. Enjoy your IPad again 🙂 🙂

Lesson learnt. When your battery power is low, dont wait for it drain completely, rather power the pad down manually and let it charge when there is only about 2 to 4% battery life left.

Hope this guide helps people with the same problem as I had. Took me about 2 days of research and searching until I found a solution that worked. Hopefully this will assist anyone going through the same pain, and possibly not have to buy another one which seems to be the case when people take the pad to an istore with the same issue.

Cheers,

Jan 25, 2014 1:58 AM in response to madysencusens

FORCE IPAD INTO RECOVERY MODE

1. Hold Sleep/Wake button down and slide to turn off iPad

2. Turn on computer and launch iTune (make sure you have the latest version of iTune)

3. Plug USB cable into computer's USB port

4. Hold Home button down and plug the other end of cable into docking port. Do not release button until you see picture of iTune and plug.

5. Release Home button.

ON COMPUTER

6. iTune has detected iPad in recovery mode. You must restore this iPad before it can be used with iTune.

7. Select "Restore iPad"...

Jan 9, 2015 8:20 PM in response to madysencusens

I had this problem and reviewed all the responses on this thread but none of the them worked. Continuing to search the web I found this at a web site run by Eric Jaffe and it worked! Maybe it will help you to. I make no claim to this solution other than it worked for me. I will say that I did not have my iPad 2 connected to the computer when I put it into DFU mode but I immediately connected it to the computer with iTunes when it went blank.

Good luck.

Fixes these items on your Ipad 2:

• Device continually restarts but never displays the Home screen.
  • An update or restore did not complete and the device is no longer recognized in iTunes.
  • Stops responding, showing the Apple logo with no progress bar or a stopped progress bar, for over ten minutes.

Here’s what you’ll need to do to get your Ipad into DFU mode:

• Plug the iPad into your computer
  • Launch iTunes
  • Hold down the Power button and the Home button at the same time
  • Keep holding both of these buttons for 10 seconds
  • After 10 seconds pass, release the Power button but continue to hold the Home button for another 3-5 seconds
  • When in DFU mode, your iPad screen will stay completely black. If you see an Apple logo or otherwise you did not enter DFU mode
  • iTunes will notify you that it has detected a device in recovery mode
  • Once in DFU mode the Itunes firmware modifying app will take over, follow those instructions

What is Ipad DFU mode?

DFU stands for Device Firmware Update, entering DFU Mode allows you to update or re install your Ipad, Ipod, or other iOS device’s firmware.

Sep 20, 2014 12:48 PM in response to rodneypwns

Hey, i am having the same issue with my iPad 3 but with a slight variation.

The iPad 3 can't be turned on without plugging in to the wall charger. At first it shows the red battery screen and then the apple logo comes up.

It goes to the Home screen and reports 92% battery and a fully charged battery logo. It stays on around 3 minutes and then shuts off.

Again that red battery screen and Home screen and reboot. It keeps doing that without any charging.

Now the iPad is dead as brick without the wall charger, no response, whatever be the key combination and the duration. I can't understand why the battery would die so sudden. I was getting amazing battery life even few days back.

One other thing, I see the date has been reset to 1970, Jan 1 and the WiFi button remains grayed out while the Bluetooth keeps spinning.

Oct 20, 2017 10:57 AM in response to Diavonex

Hello there,

I am very sorry to reply to an old thread but this issue is still following us like a ghost.

Your advice was helpful once. However, now my iPad3 is stuck on "the Connect to iTunes screen" and iTunes does not react to the connection via cable.

So what do I do now? I have bee using this device since 2012 and never purchased the support. (very simply there has not been any need for)

I would be very thankful if someone could provide me with further instructions.

Smith

Jul 25, 2017 8:42 PM in response to madysencusens

In addition to force restarting and DFU mode restore, there are still other solutions for fixing iPad stuck on Apple logo:

Press and hold the Power and Home buttons till the screen is black, press and hold Volume Up and Power buttons until Apple logo reappears, and then release the Power button but keep holding the Volume Up button till you see the lock screen.

Restore or update the iPad in recovery mode. If you see any error codes iTunes, you can find the exact issue in the article: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204770

Use a third-party software to reinstall the iOS without restoring.

<Edited by Host>

Aug 9, 2014 10:02 AM in response to madysencusens

I know this post is old but I thought I'd add my solution in case anyone else is having this problem. I fixed it by forcing my ipad into recovery mode using the method described by Diavonex. However it was not necessarily to go through with a recovery, just put it in recovery mode. That will get it out of the loop it's stuck in. Then shut it off and plug in the charger. Let it charge for 30 minutes, then hold down the power button and home button until you see the Apple logo. It should turn on at that point ... at least it did for me. Hope this helps someone.

My iPad wont turn on? but apple logo appears

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.