Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i just updated to itunes version 11.1.4.62 and it no longer recognizes my iphone5s

Can someone help with itunes not recognizing my iphone after updating to version 11.1.4.62 just released.

iPhone 5s, Windows 8

Posted on Jan 22, 2014 7:38 PM

37 replies

Jan 22, 2014 8:54 PM in response to mcsmith02

Fixed

Follow the "5. Verify that the Apple Mobile Device USB Driver is installed" in this link:

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1538

Basically, apple forgot to install the Apple Mobile Debice USB Driver in this update. You will have install the driver manually, wich in mycase was located in: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers\

Apparently Apple now assumes that all windows users must have some basic driver skills in order to use their products.

Jan 23, 2014 3:34 AM in response to mcsmith02

JerryOntheBlock. Thank you!!! I can't believe this whole process worked. I actually had to reinstall the usb driver. It should never have come to this. Anyway thank you.

The only problem now is it will not sync my music. it shows in itunes that the files are there but they are grayed out and unsynced. I had no problems at all until i updated to this new version of itunes. I'll have to post another issue and see if someone knows how to fix this.

Jan 23, 2014 6:07 AM in response to mcsmith02

Same issue. Solution was to also manually reinstall Apple mobile device usb driver for Windows 8.1 :

1. Go to Windows 8.1 Control Panel.
  2. Go to Hardware and Sound; Devices and Printers; Unspecified (look for Apple Mobile Device USB Driver)
  3. Right-click, then select properties on the menu list.
  4. Select the "Hardware" tab at the top When the properties dialog box opens, once more select properties on the lower right hand button.
  5. Under the "Driver" tab menu, the update driver button will be grey and unselectable here. So you need to select and click "Change Settings" button located near the lower left corner.
  6. Now you can click the "Driver" tab menu near the top, so you can see the "Update Driver" button.
  7. Select "Update Driver".
  8. Select and click "Browse my computer for driver software".
  9. For Windows 8.1 64 bit, it should be located in the folder: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers.
  10. Click Next, and let the driver re-install.
  11. iTunes 11.1.4.62 should open automatically if your iphone is connected already.

Jan 23, 2014 6:25 AM in response to pchull

pchull: I had to repeat the process that Jerry described with both my ipad AND my iphone. I found that it worked by simply connecting the device and then going to device manager. Once I found the driver file, I simply right clicked and selected "install". I already had iTunes open and, following the install, the device was recognized and the sync initiated automatically. I love it when proposed solutions turn out to actually be solutions! Thanks again, Jerry!

i just updated to itunes version 11.1.4.62 and it no longer recognizes my iphone5s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.