Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to remove APSDaemon.exe

Well, yesterday when I got on my computer, I got an update thing for Itunes. So I clicked like I regularly do, and usually have no problems with it updating.

But this time I did. Something didn't work right, and it wouldn't update. I tried the update again, and it didn't work. Maybe I tried it another time too. Had to cancel it because it kept running in a loop.

Then I decided to download the Itunes program from the website. That didn't work either.

So I think, maybe I should uninstall the old Itunes program first. So I go to programs and applications and remove it, just like you're supposed to. Then I try downloading it, and it still doesn't work.

Since I don't use the Itunes app all that much, I decide to heck with Itunes and I'll leave it deleted. All this had already eaten up about 2 hours worth of my day. I add a link on my desktop for windows media player and decide I'll just use that. I'm good with this.

Then today I get on my computer, and first thing, I'm greeted with this:

User uploaded file

So first thing, I suspect a virus, and do virus scans. Nothing from that, a-okay. Then I open the screen shot I took and get the program names. The message says:

APSDaemon.exe - system error

The program can't start because MSVCR80.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

So next I do an internet search on APSDaemon.exe, and discover it's connected to apple software. So now, here I am, and that blasted apple update from yesterday is still sucking up more of my time!

My internet search resulted in the following find:

http://www.file.net/process/apsdaemon.exe.html

They say:

The process known as Apple Push belongs to software Apple Application Support or Safari by Apple(www.apple.com).

Now under programs and features, this 'Apple Application Support' is there. So here's my question for the community:

Itunes is uninstalled. I plan to leave it that way for now.

I want to get rid of this error message on startup.

Will removing the software - Apple Application Support - get rid of this startup error - without causing problems with something else?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Windows 7

Posted on Jan 25, 2014 11:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2014 7:02 AM

Well, I'm replying to my own post, because I got tired of waiting for an answer.

1. I hate the Apple company now. Back in the mid 1980s, they had a windows type user interface on their Macinstosh plus computers.
  2. I uninstalled Apple Application Support.
  3. I also uninstalled Bonjour. Checked out what it does, and don't see how I need it.
  4. I also uninstalled Safari. I never used it anyway.
  5. I tried to uninstall Apple Mobile Device Support, but it refused to uninstall. I'm not happy about it, but there's not much I can do about it.
  6. I left Quicktime and the Apple Software Update.
  7. When I restarted my computer just now, annoying pop-up error message was gone.
  8. To find out what apple software is on your computer, go to programs and features, in your control panel; and then click on the publisher tab, which will sort your programs by publisher. You can then scroll down and find all the apple software grouped together.
  9. I resolve to have as little to do with apple and their software and their products in the future, as is possible. They really messed up big this time.

<Edited By Host>

18 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 27, 2014 7:02 AM in response to tkfuzzkid

Well, I'm replying to my own post, because I got tired of waiting for an answer.

1. I hate the Apple company now. Back in the mid 1980s, they had a windows type user interface on their Macinstosh plus computers.
  2. I uninstalled Apple Application Support.
  3. I also uninstalled Bonjour. Checked out what it does, and don't see how I need it.
  4. I also uninstalled Safari. I never used it anyway.
  5. I tried to uninstall Apple Mobile Device Support, but it refused to uninstall. I'm not happy about it, but there's not much I can do about it.
  6. I left Quicktime and the Apple Software Update.
  7. When I restarted my computer just now, annoying pop-up error message was gone.
  8. To find out what apple software is on your computer, go to programs and features, in your control panel; and then click on the publisher tab, which will sort your programs by publisher. You can then scroll down and find all the apple software grouped together.
  9. I resolve to have as little to do with apple and their software and their products in the future, as is possible. They really messed up big this time.

<Edited By Host>

Jan 27, 2014 8:41 AM in response to tkfuzzkid

Same thing happened to me. I uninstalled iTunes, Bonjour, Apple Software Update, Apple Application Support and Apple Mobile Device Support. I had the same issue with the Mobile Device Support, so I went to "Repair", repaired it, and then uninstalled it. After a restart, I had to reinstall iTunes to make the error message go away. For some reason now, my Outlook takes nearly a minute to load my emails on start-up. That happened after this "great" update from Apple. I'm sure they are aware of the problem, and will be issuing a patch soon.

Jan 28, 2014 5:29 AM in response to tkfuzzkid

Same thing happened to me. I uninstalled iTunes, Bonjour, Apple Software Update, Apple Application Support and Apple Mobile Device Support. I had the same issue with the Mobile Device Support, so I went to "Repair", repaired it, and then uninstalled it. After a restart, I had to reinstall iTunes to make the error message go away. That happened after this "great" update from Apple - but they keep deleting my polite but critical posts:-). I'm sure they are aware of the problem, and MAY be issuing a patch soon.

Jan 28, 2014 6:26 AM in response to tkfuzzkid

OK - result! I used control panel to remove EVERYTHING that had Apple as a publisher (with some difficulties). I then re-booted and installed iTunes from the apple site. After this I logged in to my iTunes account, plugged in my iPhone USB and everything seems to have recovered just fine. JUST WASTED A COUPLE OF HOURS due to poor APPLE PRE-RELEASE TESTING:-( At least I have thinks back to normal and I can now catch up with client work. This must be a HUGE manhour cost globally for (no doubt) a small quality control failing:-(

Message was edited by: webworks

Jan 28, 2014 7:13 AM in response to tkfuzzkid

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1923

You have to uninstall in order

Even if the apple mobile device does not seem to remove ignore it and move on thru list

once everything is uninstalled restart computer

then go download and install again...

This works for most.

I a windows 7 home premium user aware of the issues chose to just make sure itunes was closed, went in to the start button and search field typed in services, waited for it to open clicked services, located the apple mobile device support, clicked stop service then went and downloaded itunes, skipping all the uninstall steps and it worked wonderful!

Good luck!

Jan 29, 2014 9:52 AM in response to tkfuzzkid

Like others of you, I too wasted hours. But, deleting the above mentioned stuff solved my error problem completely.

I haven't tried to download itunes again. I practically never used it, and I don't have any apple devices, so it's not an essential program to have for me. I've discovered adding favorite songs from my CD collection to my computer via windows media application.

The only Apple device that I have is my old Apple Macintosh Plus from back in the 1980s. And last time I hooked it up, 3 or so years ago, it still worked too.

Best of luck to everyone with solving your situations.

How to remove APSDaemon.exe

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.