Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Underwater Effect

Anyone got any ideas about how to create a vocal effect to make it sound like the voice is underwater. Weird request I know, but would really appreciate any suggestions.

A few, Mac OS X (10.4.4)

Posted on Aug 1, 2006 8:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2006 8:51 AM

Try using a phaser set to a medium-high speed, resonance all the way down, width not too wide. I think with some experimentation the phaser will give you what you want.
45 replies

Aug 1, 2006 8:55 AM in response to sondod

sonodod,

When you are ready to quit this thread it would be an act of politeness and an aid to the health of this forum if you would award points to those who have been most helpful to you, giving the "solved starfish" to the one most helpful.
Also, on your way out the door you should mark the thread as "answered."

LM

Aug 1, 2006 9:33 AM in response to sondod

I don't know how to make IR's, but if it's based on a sample, then do this:

Get a large glass, or a pot, and fill it with water. Get a straw and blow air into the water to make bubbles. Sample that. Use that as your IR.

If you need bigger bubbles, remove the bulb from a turkey baster and blow into the narrow end, wide end in the water.

Again, I don't know if you make IR's with samples, but if nothing else you'll definitely get an "underwater" sound that way.

Another suggestion might be to take your bubbles sample, pitch it down slightly, and use it as the modulator in a Vocoder.

Underwater Effect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.