Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 while using GarageBand!!!!!!

I Need Help!!!!!

I recently purchased the new iMac 2013 running the new operating system Maverick OS X to build my home studio. I purchased Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 (i heard it was the best). So i decided to give it a try it; I used GarageBand to record and while i'm recording i hear clicking sounds and sounds goes in and out. So, i restart the program and it will work for a couple a mins, then Garageband will crashes. Showing a list of reasons why it did. So i contact Apple Support, got Gargeband to stop crashing but when i playback my recording the audio track delays

I need help!!!

is my interface, should i return it or buy an different one? If so, which one do you recommand

~Thank You

GarageBand (Mac) '11, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Jan 28, 2014 9:15 PM

2 replies

Mar 18, 2014 10:53 PM in response to zainamusic

Yikes. Man, I'm personally having somewhat of a similar dilemma with a Scarlet 2i2 connected to a Mac Mini running Garageband.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5997190

I can't seem to get the Mini's system preferences to recognize the 2i2 as the Input device, so even though I can hear the bass guitar I connect to the 2i2 (i.e. the 2i2 is outputting signal), Garagband isn't recognizing the 2i2 so there's no signal going IN to it. Very frustrating.

Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 while using GarageBand!!!!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.