Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari can't open the page because Safari can't establish a secure connection to the server

Hello.

I've read a lot of discussions related to Safari not opening some secure pages while Firefox and Chrome have no problem.

Just so you know, not all HTTPS pages fail to open, just www.icloud.com and some other Apple related pages like discussions.apple.com. Also App Store and iTunes Store don't load at all.

This is on Safari 7 and Mavericks.

I tried a lot of the suggestions incluing: "Remove all web site data", turning off extensions, uncheck "Stop internet plug-ins to save power", adding a different DNS in network setting such as 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, testing from Guest Account, Safe boot, uninstall JavaForOSX2013-05, reset all network setting, etc.

Here is an interesting information with Keychain Access that found today:

Under My Certificates, I see that com.apple.ubiquity.peer-uuid.[] and com.apple.ubiquity.ssl-cert.[] certificates both expired on Jan/19/2014 exactly the day when Safari started to fail opening secure pages.

Any ideas?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Feb 3, 2014 7:37 AM

59 replies

Jan 2, 2017 7:36 AM in response to jenturrent

I have a similar issue. If I try to connecto to my Netgear Wireless Access Point (192.168.2.251), Safari tells me it cannot connect because the connection is not secure. I don't care. It is my LAN in my house. I don't need a secure connection. The problem is, I cannot get on to the WAP to turn off https.

I have just wasted 15 minutes trying to explain this to Apple support, who clearly did not understand. They kept telling me to speak to my ISP. This has notning to do with my internet, it is purely a LAN issue. Safri just blocks all connections to https sites, unless it has a valid certificate. How can I overide this?

Feb 3, 2014 1:18 PM in response to Linc Davis

I too am having problems with Safari lately. What are the "cerificates" you are mentioning above? what happens by deleting them? I am not too computer literate. I definitly had to use FireFox for all my secure online banking stuff. What gives all of a sudden? Has there been changes with secure pages and not recognizing Safari? using safari Version 7.0.1 (9537.73.11)

Feb 3, 2014 8:39 PM in response to jenturrent

Boot in Recovery mode. In the OS X Utilities screen, select Get Help Online. A clean copy of Safari will launch. No plugins, such as Flash, will be available. While in Recovery, you'll have no access to your saved bookmarks or passwords, so make a note of those before you begin, if they're needed for the test.

Test. After testing, reboot as usual and post the results.

Feb 4, 2014 6:53 AM in response to jenturrent

1. This procedure is a diagnostic test. It changes nothing, for better or worse, and therefore will not, in itself, solve your problem.

2. If you don't already have a current backup, back up all data before doing anything else. The backup is necessary on general principle, not because of anything in the test procedure. There are ways to back up a computer that isn't fully functional. Ask if you need guidance.

3. Below are instructions to run a UNIX shell script, a type of program. All it does is to gather information about the state of your computer. That information goes nowhere unless you choose to share it on this page. However, you should be cautious about running any kind of program (not just a shell script) at the request of a stranger on a public message board. If you have doubts, search this site for other discussions in which this procedure has been followed without any report of ill effects. If you can't satisfy yourself that the instructions are safe, don't follow them.

Here's a summary of what you need to do: Copy a line of text from this web page into the window of another application. Wait for the script to run. It usually takes a couple of minutes. Then paste the results, which will have been copied automatically, back into a reply on this page. The sequence is: copy, paste, wait, paste again. Details follow.

4. You may have started the computer in "safe" mode. Preferably, these steps should be taken in “normal” mode. If the system is now in safe mode and works well enough in normal mode to run the test, restart as usual. If you can only test in safe mode, do that.

5. If you have more than one user, and the one affected by the problem is not an administrator, then please run the test twice: once while logged in as the affected user, and once as an administrator. The results may be different. The user that is created automatically on a new computer when you start it for the first time is an administrator. If you can't log in as an administrator, test as the affected user. Most personal Macs have only one user, and in that case this section doesn’t apply.

6. The script is a single long line, all of which must be selected. You can accomplish this easily by triple-clicking anywhere in the line. The whole line will highlight, though you may not see all of it in your browser, and you can then copy it. If you try to select the line by dragging across the part you can see, you won't get all of it.

Triple-click anywhere in the line of text below on this page to select it:

PATH=/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin; clear; Fb='%s\n\t(%s)\n'; Fm='\n%s:\n\n%s\n'; Fr='\nRAM details:\n%s\n'; Fs='\n%s: %s\n'; Fu='user %s%%, system %s%%'; PB="/usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c Print"; A () { [[ a -eq 0 ]]; }; M () { find -L "$d" -type f | while read f; do file -b "$f" | egrep -q XML\|exec && echo $f; done; }; Pc () { o=`grep -v '^ *#' "$2"`; Pm "$1"; }; Pm () { [[ "$o" ]] && o=`sed '/^ *$/d; s/^ */ /' <<< "$o"` && printf "$Fm" "$1" "$o"; }; Pp () { o=`$PB "$2" | awk -F'= ' \/$3'/{print $2}'`; Pm "$1"; }; Ps () { o=`echo $o`; [[ ! "$o" =~ ^0?$ ]] && printf "$Fs" "$1" "$o"; }; R () { o=; [[ r -eq 0 ]]; }; SP () { system_profiler SP${1}DataType; }; id | grep -qw '80(admin)'; a=$?; A && sudo true; r=$?; t=`date +%s`; clear; { A || echo $'No admin access\n'; A && ! R && echo $'No root access\n'; SP Software | sed '8!d;s/^ *//'; o=`SP Hardware | awk '/Mem/{print $2}'`; o=$((o<4?o:0)); Ps "Total RAM (GB)"; o=`SP Memory | sed '1,5d; /[my].*:/d'`; [[ "$o" =~ s:\ [^O]|x([^8]|.[^0]) ]] && printf "$Fr" "$o"; o=`SP Diagnostics | sed '5,6!d'`; [[ "$o" =~ Pass ]] || Pm "POST"; o=`SP USB | sed -n '1d; /:$/{s/ *:$//;x;s/\n//p;}; /V.*[(]/{s/^[^(]*/ /;H;}; /Apple/{s/.//g;h;}'`; Pm "USB"; o=`pmset -g therm | sed 's/^.*C/C/'`; [[ "$o" =~ No\ th|pms ]] && o=; Pm "Thermal conditions"; o=`pmset -g sysload | grep -v :`; [[ "$o" =~ =\ [^GO] ]] || o=; Pm "System load advisory"; o=`nvram boot-args | awk '{$1=""; print}'`; Ps "boot-args"; d=(/ ""); D=(System User); for i in 0 1; do o=`cd ${d[$i]}L*/L*/Dia* && ls | awk -F_ '!/ag$/{$NF=a[split($NF,a,".")]; print}' | tail`; Pm "${D[$i]} diagnostics"; done; o=`syslog -F bsd -k Sender kernel -k Message CReq 'GPU |hfs: Ru|I/O e|n Cause: -|NVDA\(|pagin|SATA W|ssert|timed? ?o' | tail -n25 | awk '/:/{$4=""; $5=""};1'`; Pm "Kernel messages"; o=`df -m / | awk 'NR==2 {print $4}'`; o=$((o<5120?o:0)); Ps "Free space (MiB)"; o=$(($(vm_stat | awk '/eo/{sub("\\.",""); print $2}')/256)); o=$((o>=1024?o:0)); Ps "Pageouts (MiB)"; s=( `sar -u 1 10 | sed '$!d'` ); [[ s[4] -lt 85 ]] && o=`printf "$Fu" ${s[1]} ${s[3]}` || o=; Ps "Total CPU usage" && { s=(`ps acrx -o comm,ruid,%cpu | sed '2!d'`); o=${s[2]}%; Ps "CPU usage by process \"$s\" with UID ${s[1]}"; }; s=(`top -R -l1 -n1 -o prt -stats command,uid,prt | sed '$!d'`); s[2]=${s[2]%[+-]}; o=$((s[2]>=25000?s[2]:0)); Ps "Mach ports used by process \"$s\" with UID ${s[1]}"; o=`kextstat -kl | grep -v com\\.apple | cut -c53- | cut -d\< -f1`; Pm "Loaded extrinsic kernel extensions"; R && o=`sudo launchctl list | sed 1d | awk '!/0x|com\.(apple|openssh|vix\.cron)|org\.(amav|apac|calendarse|cups|dove|isc|ntp|post[fg]|x)/{print $3}'`; Pm "Extrinsic system jobs"; o=`launchctl list | sed 1d | awk '!/0x|com\.apple|org\.(x|openbsd)|\.[0-9]+$/{print $3}'`; Pm "Extrinsic agents"; o=`for d in {/,}L*/Lau*; do M; done | grep -v com\.apple\.CSConfig | while read f; do ID=$($PB\ :Label "$f") || ID="No job label"; printf "$Fb" "$f" "$ID"; done`; Pm "launchd items"; o=`for d in /{S*/,}L*/Star*; do M; done`; Pm "Startup items"; o=`find -L /S*/L*/E* {/,}L*/{A*d,Compon,Ex,In,Keyb,Mail,P*P,Qu*T,Scripti,Servi,Spo}* -type d -name Contents -prune | while read d; do ID=$($PB\ :CFBundleIdentifier "$d/Info.plist") || ID="No bundle ID"; [[ "$ID" =~ ^com\.apple\.[^x]|Accusys|ArcMSR|ATTO|HDPro|HighPoint|driver\.stex|hp-fax|\.hpio|JMicron|microsoft\.MDI|print|SoftRAID ]] || printf "$Fb" "${d%/Contents}" "$ID"; done`; Pm "Extrinsic loadable bundles"; o=`find -L /u*/{,*/}lib -type f | while read f; do file -b "$f" | grep -qw shared && ! codesign -v "$f" && echo $f; done`; Pm "Unsigned shared libraries"; o=`launchctl getenv DYLD_INSERT_LIBRARIES`; Pm "Inserted libraries"; o=`find -L {,/u*/lo*}/e*/periodic -type f -mtime -10d`; Pm "Modified periodic scripts"; o=`scutil --proxy | grep Prox`; Pm "Proxies"; o=`scutil --dns | awk '/r\[0\] /{if ($NF !~ /^1(0|72\.(1[6-9]|2[0-9]|3[0-1])|92\.168)\./) print $NF; exit}'`; Ps "DNS"; R && o=`sudo profiles -P | grep : | wc -l`; Ps "Profiles"; f=auto_master; [[ `md5 -q /etc/$f` =~ ^b166 ]] || Pc $f /etc/$f; for f in fstab sysctl.conf crontab launchd.conf; do Pc $f /etc/$f; done; Pc "hosts" <(grep -v 'host *$' /etc/hosts); Pc "User launchd" ~/.launchd*; R && Pc "Root crontab" <(sudo crontab -l); Pc "User crontab" <(crontab -l); R && o=`sudo defaults read com.apple.loginwindow LoginHook`; Pm "Login hook"; Pp "Global login items" /L*/P*/loginw* Path; Pp "User login items" L*/P*/*loginit* Name; Pp "Safari extensions" L*/Saf*/*/E*.plist Bundle | sed 's/\..*$//;s/-[1-9]$//'; o=`find ~ $TMPDIR.. \( -flags +sappnd,schg,uappnd,uchg -o ! -user $UID -o ! -perm -600 \) | wc -l`; Ps "Restricted user files"; cd; o=`SP Fonts | egrep "Valid: N|Duplicate: Y" | wc -l`; Ps "Font problems"; o=`find L*/{Con,Pref}* -type f ! -size 0 -name *.plist | while read f; do plutil -s "$f" >&- || echo $f; done`; Pm "Bad plists"; d=(Desktop L*/Keyc*); n=(20 7); for i in 0 1; do o=`find "${d[$i]}" -type f -maxdepth 1 | wc -l`; o=$((o<=n[$i]?0:o)); Ps "${d[$i]##*/} file count"; done; o=$((`date +%s`-t)); Ps "Elapsed time (s)"; } 2>/dev/null | pbcopy; exit 2>&-

Copy the selected text to the Clipboard by pressing the key combination command-C.

7. Launch the built-in Terminal application in any of the following ways:

☞ Enter the first few letters of its name into a Spotlight search. Select it in the results (it should be at the top.)

☞ In the Finder, select Go ▹ Utilities from the menu bar, or press the key combination shift-command-U. The application is in the folder that opens.

☞ Open LaunchPad. Click Utilities, then Terminal in the icon grid.

When you launch Terminal, a text window will open with a line already in it, ending either in a dollar sign ($) or a percent sign (%). If you get the percent sign, enter

exec sh

in the window and press return. You should then get a new line ending in a dollar sign.

Click anywhere in the Terminal window and paste (command-V). The text you pasted should vanish immediately. If it doesn't, press the return key.

If you're logged in as an administrator, you'll be prompted for your login password. Nothing will be displayed when you type it. You will not see the usual dots in place of typed characters. Make sure caps lock is off. Type carefully and then press return. You may get a one-time warning to be careful. If you make three failed attempts to enter the password, the test will run anyway, but it will produce less information. In most cases, the difference is not important. If you don't know your password, or if you prefer not to enter it, just press return three times at the password prompt.

If you're not logged in as an administrator, you won't be prompted for a password. The test will still run. It just won't do anything that takes administrator privileges.

The test may take up to a few minutes to run, depending on how many files you have and the speed of the computer. A computer that's abnormally slow may take longer to run the test. While it's running, there will be nothing in the Terminal window and no indication of progress. Wait for the line "[Process completed]" to appear. If you don't see it within half an hour or so, the test probably won't complete in a reasonable time. In that case, close the Terminal window and report your results. No harm will be done.

8. When the test is complete, quit Terminal. The results will have been copied to the Clipboard automatically. They are not shown in the Terminal window. Please don't copy anything from there. All you have to do is start a reply to this comment and then paste by pressing command-V again.

If any private information, such as your name or email address, appears in the results, anonymize it before posting. Usually that won't be necessary.

When you post the results, you might see the message, "You have included content in your post that is not permitted." It means that the forum software has misidentified something in the post as a violation of the rules. If it happens, please post the test results on Pastebin, then post a link here to the page you created.

Note: This is a public forum, and others may give you advice based on the results of the test. They speak only for themselves, and I don't necessarily agree with them.

Copyright © 2014 Linc Davis. As the sole author of this work, I reserve all rights to it except as provided in the Terms of Use of Apple Support Communities ("ASC"). Readers of ASC may copy it for their own personal use. Neither the whole nor any part may be redistributed.

Feb 4, 2014 8:23 AM in response to Linc Davis

Boot Mode: Normal

RAM details:

BANK 0/DIMM0:

Size: 4 GB

Speed: 1600 MHz

Manufacturer: 0x02FE

BANK 1/DIMM0:

Size: 4 GB

Speed: 1600 MHz

Manufacturer: 0x02FE

USB:

Hub (Intel Corporation)

Hub (SMSC)

Hub (Intel Corporation)

System diagnostics:

distnoted,launchd 2014-01-22-162327 shutdownStall

User diagnostics:

Mail 2014-01-28-095204 crash

Mail 2014-01-28-095315 crash

Mail 2014-01-28-095407 crash

Mail 2014-01-28-095426 crash

Mail 2014-01-28-095838 crash

QuickLookSatellite 2014-01-06-175458 crash

QuickLookSatellite 2014-01-06-175459 crash

QuickLookSatellite 2014-01-07-153600 crash

Safari 2014-01-20-134519 crash

Viber 2014-01-20-114754 crash

Kernel messages:

Jan 29 14:24:56 PM notification timeout (pid 1751, Messages)

--- last message repeated 1 time ---

Jan 30 18:04:27 PM notification timeout (pid 1080, Messages)

--- last message repeated 6 times ---

Feb 3 09:41:56 [IOBluetoothHCIController][handleACLPacketTimeout] -- Disconnecting due to device not responding (ACL Packet timed out) for connection handle 0xb

Feb 3 13:32:14 PM notification timeout (pid 8040, Messages)

--- last message repeated 3 times ---

Loaded extrinsic kernel extensions:

com.cleancutcode.displaypaddriver (14)

com.Cycling74.driver.Soundflower (1.6.6)

com.cleancutcode.displaypadframebuffer (14)

Extrinsic system jobs:

org.macosforge.xquartz.privileged_startx

com.microsoft.office.licensing.helper

com.google.keystone.daemon

com.adobe.fpsaud

Extrinsic agents:

org.macosforge.xquartz.startx

com.google.keystone.system.agent

com.divx.update.agent

com.divx.dms.agent

com.amazon.sendtokindle.launcher

com.google.GoogleContactSyncAgent

launchd items:

/Library/LaunchAgents/com.amazon.sendtokindle.launcher.plist

(com.amazon.sendtokindle.launcher)

/Library/LaunchAgents/com.divx.dms.agent.plist

(com.divx.dms.agent)

/Library/LaunchAgents/com.divx.update.agent.plist

(com.divx.update.agent)

/Library/LaunchAgents/com.google.keystone.agent.plist

(com.google.keystone.system.agent)

/Library/LaunchAgents/com.teamviewer.teamviewer.plist

(com.teamviewer.teamviewer)

/Library/LaunchAgents/com.teamviewer.teamviewer_desktop.plist

(com.teamviewer.desktop)

/Library/LaunchAgents/org.macosforge.xquartz.startx.plist

(org.macosforge.xquartz.startx)

/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.adobe.fpsaud.plist

(com.adobe.fpsaud)

/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.google.keystone.daemon.plist

(com.google.keystone.daemon)

/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.microsoft.office.licensing.helper.plist

(com.microsoft.office.licensing.helper)

/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.teamviewer.teamviewer_service.plist

(com.teamviewer.service)

/Library/LaunchDaemons/org.macosforge.xquartz.privileged_startx.plist

(org.macosforge.xquartz.privileged_startx)

Library/LaunchAgents/com.google.GoogleContactSyncAgent.plist

(com.google.GoogleContactSyncAgent)

Extrinsic loadable bundles:

/System/Library/Extensions/DisplayPadDriver.kext

(com.cleancutcode.displaypaddriver)

/System/Library/Extensions/DisplayPadFramebuffer.kext

(com.cleancutcode.displaypadframebuffer)

/System/Library/Extensions/Soundflower.kext

(com.Cycling74.driver.Soundflower)

/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/Flip4Mac WMA Import.component

(net.telestream.wmv.import)

/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/disabled/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin

(No bundle ID)

/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/DivX Web Player.plugin

(com.divx.DivXWebPlayer)

/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/Flash Player.plugin

(com.macromedia.Flash Player.plugin)

/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/Flip4Mac WMV Plugin.plugin

(net.telestream.wmv.plugin)

/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/googletalkbrowserplugin.plugin

(com.google.googletalkbrowserplugin)

/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/npg.plugin

(npg.graphon.com)

/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/npgtpo3dautoplugin.plugin

(com.google.o3d)

/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/o1dbrowserplugin.plugin

(com.google.o1dbrowserplugin)

/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/OVSHelper.plugin

(com.divx.OVSHelper)

/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/SharePointBrowserPlugin.plugin

(com.microsoft.sharepoint.browserplugin)

/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/SharePointWebKitPlugin.webplugin

(com.microsoft.sharepoint.webkitplugin)

/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/Silverlight.plugin

(com.microsoft.SilverlightPlugin)

/Library/PreferencePanes/Box Sync.prefPane

(net.box.sync.preferences)

/Library/PreferencePanes/Flash Player.prefPane

(com.adobe.flashplayerpreferences)

/Library/PreferencePanes/Flip4Mac WMV.prefPane

(net.telestream.wmv.prefpane)

/Library/QuickTime/DivX Decoder.component

(com.DivXInc.DivXDecoder)

/Library/QuickTime/DivX Encoder.component

(com.DivXInc.DivXCodec)

/Library/QuickTime/Flip4Mac WMV Advanced.component

(net.telestream.wmv.advanced)

/Library/QuickTime/Flip4Mac WMV Export.component

(net.telestream.wmv.export)

/Library/QuickTime/Flip4Mac WMV Import.component

(net.telestream.wmv.import)

Library/Address Book Plug-Ins/SkypeABDialer.bundle

(com.skype.skypeabdialer)

Library/Address Book Plug-Ins/SkypeABSMS.bundle

(com.skype.skypeabsms)

Library/Internet Plug-Ins/CitrixOnlineWebDeploymentPlugin.plugin

(com.citrixonline.mac.WebDeploymentPlugin)

Library/Internet Plug-Ins/WebEx64.plugin

(com.cisco_webex.plugin.gpc64)

Library/Mail/V2/IMAP-email@imap.gmail.com/[Gmail].mbox/Sent Mail.mbox/94161BA6-BB52-4A40-8AB4-E7092AD22FF4/Data/6/6/Attachments/66201/2.4/F ile.key

(No bundle ID)

Library/Mail/V2/IMAP-email@imap.gmail.com/[Gmail].mbox/Sent Mail.mbox/94161BA6-BB52-4A40-8AB4-E7092AD22FF4/Data/6/6/Attachments/66201/2.6/F ile.key

(No bundle ID)

Library/Mail/V2/IMAP-email@imap.gmail.com/[Gmail].mbox/Sent Mail.mbox/94161BA6-BB52-4A40-8AB4-E7092AD22FF4/Data/6/6/Attachments/66266/3/Fil e.key

(No bundle ID)

Library/Mail/V2/IMAP-email@imap.gmail.com/[Gmail].mbox/Sent Mail.mbox/94161BA6-BB52-4A40-8AB4-E7092AD22FF4/Data/6/6/Attachments/66266/4/fil e.key

(No bundle ID)

Library/Mail/V2/IMAP-email@imap.gmail.com/Coms y Suscr.mbox/94161BA6-BB52-4A40-8AB4-E7092AD22FF4/Data/8/6/Attachments/68811/2.4/ File.key

(No bundle ID)

Library/Mail/V2/IMAP-email@imap.gmail.com/Coms y Suscr.mbox/94161BA6-BB52-4A40-8AB4-E7092AD22FF4/Data/8/6/Attachments/68811/2.6/ File.key

(No bundle ID)

Library/Mail/V2/IMAP-email@imap.gmail.com/Coms y Suscr.mbox/94161BA6-BB52-4A40-8AB4-E7092AD22FF4/Data/8/6/Attachments/68812/3/Fi le Dropbox.key

(No bundle ID)

Library/Mail/V2/IMAP-email@imap.gmail.com/Coms y Suscr.mbox/94161BA6-BB52-4A40-8AB4-E7092AD22FF4/Data/8/6/Attachments/68812/4/Fi le.key

(No bundle ID)

Library/Mail/V2/IMAP-email@imap.gmail.com/Sent Messages.mbox/94161BA6-BB52-4A40-8AB4-E7092AD22FF4/Data/4/6/Attachments/64949/2 .4/File Dropbox.key

(No bundle ID)

Library/Mail/V2/IMAP-email@imap.gmail.com/Sent Messages.mbox/94161BA6-BB52-4A40-8AB4-E7092AD22FF4/Data/4/6/Attachments/64949/2 .6/File.key

(No bundle ID)

Library/Services/Teclas de funcion.workflow

(No bundle ID)

Unsigned shared libraries:

/usr/lib/libaudioc.dylib

/usr/lib/libclipc.dylib

/usr/lib/libcs.dylib

/usr/lib/libdc.dylib

/usr/lib/libfilec.dylib

/usr/lib/libpbr.dylib

/usr/lib/libprintc.dylib

/usr/lib/libsc.dylib

/usr/lib/libtcl.dylib

/usr/lib/libtcl8.5.dylib

/usr/lib/libtk.dylib

/usr/lib/libtk8.5.dylib

/usr/lib/libupc.dylib

User login items:

iTunesHelper

BoxSyncHelper

Dropbox

Safari extensions:

Pocket

Restricted user files: 48325

Font problems: 38

Bad plists:

Library/Containers/com.omnigroup.OmniGraffle6/Data/Library/Application Support/The Omni Group/OmniGraffle/Stencils/Common/Colors.gstencil/data.plist

Library/Containers/com.omnigroup.OmniGraffle6/Data/Library/Application Support/The Omni Group/OmniGraffle/Stencils/Science/Circuit Engineering.gstencil/data.plist

Library/Containers/com.omnigroup.OmniGraffle6/Data/Library/Application Support/The Omni Group/OmniGraffle/Stencils/Software/ERD.gstencil/data.plist

Library/Containers/com.omnigroup.OmniGraffle6/Data/Library/Application Support/The Omni Group/OmniGraffle/Stencils/Software/FlowChart.gstencil/data.plist

Library/Containers/com.omnigroup.OmniGraffle6/Data/Library/Application Support/The Omni Group/OmniGraffle/Stencils/Software/Garrett IA.gstencil/data.plist

Library/Containers/com.omnigroup.OmniGraffle6/Data/Library/Application Support/The Omni Group/OmniGraffle/Stencils/Software/Konigi Wireframes.gstencil/data.plist

Library/Containers/com.omnigroup.OmniGraffle6/Data/Library/Application Support/The Omni Group/OmniGraffle/Stencils/Software/UML-General.gstencil/data.plist

Library/Containers/com.omnigroup.OmniGraffle6/Data/Library/Application Support/The Omni Group/OmniGraffle/Stencils/Software/UML-Sequence.gstencil/data.plist

Library/Containers/com.omnigroup.OmniGraffle6/Data/Library/Application Support/The Omni Group/OmniGraffle/Stencils/Software/UML-State.gstencil/data.plist

Library/Containers/com.omnigroup.OmniGraffle6/Data/Library/Application Support/The Omni Group/OmniGraffle/Stencils/Software/UML-UseCase.gstencil/data.plist

Keychains file count: 8

Elapsed time (s): 613

Feb 4, 2014 9:41 AM in response to jenturrent

Some of your user files (not system files) have incorrect permissions or are locked. This procedure will unlock all your user files, reset their ownership, and remove their access-control lists. If you've set special values for those attributes, they will be reverted. In that case, either stop here, or be prepared to recreate the settings if necessary. Do so only after verifying that those settings didn't cause the problem. If none of this is meaningful to you, you don't need to worry about it.

Back up all data.

Step 1

If you have more than one user account, and the one in question is not an administrator account, then temporarily promote it to administrator status in the Users & Groups preference pane. To do that, unlock the preference pane using the credentials of an administrator, check the box marked

Allow user to administer this computer

Then reboot. You can demote the problem account back to standard status when this step has been completed.

Enter the following command in the Terminal window in the same way as before (triple-click, copy, and paste):

{ sudo chflags -R nouchg,nouappnd ~ $TMPDIR..; sudo chown -R $UID:staff ~ $_; sudo chmod -R u+rwX ~ $_; chmod -R -N ~ $_; } 2>&-

This time you'll be prompted for your login password, which won't be displayed when you type it. You may get a one-time warning to be careful. If you don’t have a login password, you’ll need to set one before you can run the command. If you see a message that your username "is not in the sudoers file," then you're not logged in as an administrator.

The command may take several minutes to run, depending on how many files you have. Wait for a new line ending in a dollar sign ($) to appear, then quit Terminal.

Step 2 (optional)

Take this step only if you have trouble with Step 1, if you prefer not to take it, or if it doesn't solve the problem.

Boot into Recovery. When the OS X Utilities screen appears, select

Utilities Terminal

from the menu bar. A Terminal window will open. In that window, type this:

res

Press the tab key. The partial command you typed will automatically be completed to this:

resetpassword

Press return. A Reset Password window will open. You’re not going to reset a password.

Select your startup volume ("Macintosh HD," unless you gave it a different name) if not already selected.

Select your username from the menu labeled Select the user account if not already selected.

Under Reset Home Directory Permissions and ACLs, click the Reset button.

Select

Restart

from the menu bar.

Feb 4, 2014 8:00 PM in response to jenturrent

This could be a complicated problem to solve, as there are several possible causes for it.

Back up all data, then take each of the following steps that you haven't already taken. Stop when the problem is resolved.

Step 1

From the menu bar, select
 ▹ System Preferences... ▹ Date & Time
Select the Time Zone tab in the preference pane that opens and check that the time zone matches your location. Then select the Date & Time tab. Check that the data and time shown (including the year) are correct, and correct them if not.

Check the box marked

Set date and time automatically

if it's not already checked, and select one of the Apple time servers from the menu next to it.

Step 2

Triple-click anywhere in the line below on this page to select it:

/System/Library/Keychains/SystemCACertificates.keychain

Right-click or control-click the highlighted line and select

Services Show Info

from the contextual menu.* An Info dialog should open. The dialog should show "You can only read" in the Sharing & Permissions section.

Repeat with this line:

/System/Library/Keychains/SystemRootCertificates.keychain

If instead of the Info dialog, you get a message that either file can't be found, reinstall OS X.

*If you don't see the contextual menu item, copy the selected text to the Clipboard ( command-C). Open a TextEdit window and paste into it ( command-V). Select the line you just pasted and continue as above.

Step 3

Launch the Keychain Access application in any of the following ways:

☞ Enter the first few letters of its name into a Spotlight search. Select it in the results (it should be at the top.)

☞ In the Finder, select Go Utilities from the menu bar, or press the key combination shift-command-U. The application is in the folder that opens.

☞ Open LaunchPad. Click Utilities, then Keychain Access in the icon grid.

In the upper left corner of the window, you should see a list headed Keychains. If not, click the button in the lower left corner that looks like a triangle inside a square.

In the Keychains list, there should be items named System and System Roots. If not, select

File Add Keychain

from the menu bar and add the following items:

/Library/Keychains/System.keychain

/System/Library/Keychains/SystemRootCertificates.keychain

From the Category list in the lower left corner of the window, select Certificates. Look carefully at the list of certificates in the right side of the window. If any of them has a a blue-and-white plus sign or a red "X" in the icon, double-click it. An inspection window will open. Click the disclosure triangle labeled Trust to disclose the trust settings for the certificate. From the menu at the top, select

When using this certificate: Use System Defaults

Close the inspection window. You'll be prompted for your administrator password to update the settings. Revert all the certificates with non-default trust settings. Never again change any of those settings.

Step 4

Select My Certificates from the Category list. From the list of certificates shown, delete any that are marked with a red X as expired or invalid.

Export all remaining certificates, delete them from the keychain, and reimport. For instructions, select

Help Keychain Access Help

from the menu bar and search for the term "export" in the help window. Export each certificate as an individual file; don't combine them into one big file.

Step 5

From the menu bar, select

Keychain Access Preferences Certificates

There are three menus in the window. Change the selection in the top two to Best attempt, and in the bottom one to CRL.

Step 6

Triple-click anywhere in the line of text below on this page to select it:

/var/db/crls

Copy the selected text to the Clipboard by pressing the key combination command-C. In the Finder, select

Go Go to Folder...

from the menu bar and paste into the box that opens (command-V). You won't see what you pasted because a line break is included. Press return.

A folder named "crls" should open. Move all the files in that folder to the Trash. You’ll be prompted for your administrator login password.

Step 7

Reboot, empty the Trash, and test.

Feb 5, 2014 7:32 AM in response to jenturrent

If you don't already have a current backup, back up all data, then reinstall the OS.* You don't need to erase the startup volume, and you won't need the backup unless something goes wrong. If the system was upgraded from an older version of OS X, you may need the Apple ID and password you used.

There are ways to back up a computer that isn't fully functional. Ask if you need guidance.

If you installed the Java runtime distributed by Apple and still need it, you'll have to reinstall it. The same goes for Xcode.

*The linked support article refers to OS X 10.9 ("Mavericks"), but the procedure is the same for OS X 10.7 ("Lion") and later.

Safari can't open the page because Safari can't establish a secure connection to the server

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.