Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Application support

One of my laptops was attacked and redirected. got the malware off but I think the user was sent to a fake site because they were instructed to unistall various apple aps. Now itunes will not reintall. Application Support Error message. Iphone won't sinc. ETC Help?

Posted on Feb 4, 2014 2:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2014 2:54 PM

the best fix I have found is to migrate to Pandora or something other than iTunes.

6 replies

Feb 4, 2014 3:40 PM in response to Derailed Again

With the Error 2, let's try a standalone Apple Application Support install. It still might not install, but fingers crossed any error messages will give us a better idea of the underlying cause of the issue.

Download and save a copy of the iTunesSetup.exe (or iTunes64setup.exe) installer file to your hard drive:

http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Download and install the free trial version of WinRAR:

http://www.rarlab.com/

Right-click the iTunesSetup.exe (or iTunes64Setup.exe), and select "Extract to iTunesSetup" (or "Extract to iTunes64Setup"). WinRAR will expand the contents of the file into a folder called "iTunesSetup" (or "iTunes64Setup").

Go into the folder and doubleclick the AppleApplicationSupport.msi to do a standalone AAS install.

Does it install properly for you?

If instead you get an error message during the install, let us know what it says. (Precise text, please.)

Mar 29, 2016 10:19 PM in response to b noir

HI b noir,

I have the same problem, due I deleted Apple application support 32bit
-my fault-
on a Win10 system and itunes 12.3.3

Now I had NO error message, but the excellent performance of itunes is gone
Itunes stuck always after connecting the iphone to the computer.

Do you know if your provided solution will still work on the new system (without any performance losses, after reinstalling Apple application suport 32bit)?

I try to avoid uninstalling itunes completly, due the big data base (many play lists, apps and sangs with Album Covers etc)

Thanks for your short reply

Application support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.