Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Application Support (32bit) deleted, WIN 10, itunes 12.3.3

Hello,

maybe someone can help me?
Before trying this already found solution, I ask the questions again, due my Operating system and Itunes is not the same release, as described in the down mentioned solution.

After installing WIN10 I cleaned my system and did a great mistake!
I deleted Apple Application Support (32bit) and just kept Apple Application Support (64bit)
- on a 64 bit system, my way of thinking was wrong-

Now I have NO error message, but itunes will stuck at least always when I connect the iphone 6 to the computer.

I try to avoid uninstalling itunes completly. (big data base, with many playlists and all songs with Album coveres etc.)
Before the a.m. mistake itunes performed excellent.

Is the failure fixed with that described solution, without any losses of performance?

Thanks in advance

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5867877

User uploaded file

iPhone 6, iOS 9.3, Win 10 (64bit) Home

Posted on Mar 29, 2016 10:11 PM

8 replies

Mar 30, 2016 8:04 AM in response to Tomalii

iTunes on a 64-bit system has both 32 & 64 bit components.

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, need to revert to an older version or want to try theiTunes for Windows (64-bit - for older video cards) release as a workaround for performance issues or compatibility with third party software.

Your library should be unaffected by these steps but there also links to backup and recovery advice should it be needed.

tt2

Mar 30, 2016 8:28 AM in response to turingtest2

I solved it!

For all who will have the same problem:

search for appleapplication

you will find several Folders in C:\ProgramDATA\Apple\Installer Cache

take if you loose, as in my case, the AppleApplicationSupport (32 bit) the latest 32bit Version (in my case the APPLEAPPLICATIONSUPPORT 4.1.1, which is the 32 bit Version, 64 bit Version ist named APPLEAPPLICATIONSUPPORT64!)

Open the Folder and double click to AppleApplicationSupport.msi

The Installation starts
you will be asked to which Folder it should be installed, take the recommended: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support

then iTunes is running again

after a restart you will find in the Programms AppleApplicationSupport 32 bit again in the programs

You don't Need to install 7-zip or winrar and download the 120MB File iTunes.exe, as described sometimes

For me it worked excellent!

SO it's solved :-)

Apple Application Support (32bit) deleted, WIN 10, itunes 12.3.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.