Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I remove duckduckgo?

Posted on Feb 5, 2014 8:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2017 7:24 AM

1. Open Safari

2. Delete all text from the URL field

3. Click on the little magnifying glass

4. Choose your search engine there

Fore some reason this doesn't work when I do it under Preferences, but it works this way.

30 replies

Jan 11, 2017 9:19 PM in response to GarryKaye

Hi Garry.

Had the same problem, using SeaMonkey (a Firefox derivative). Finally solved it this way.

> SeaMonkey tab (probably Firefox for you)

> Preferences

> Browser

> Internet Search

> Manage Search Engines (doesn't matter that you have Yahoo! or Google already picked as the default)

> Highlight "DuckDuckGo" and then click REMOVE.

That finally did the trick for me. Good luck.

Sep 20, 2014 11:07 PM in response to KrnThkr

KrnThkr wrote:

But i am not able to see it under extensions.

but the option comes in the default search engine

Do you mean in the Smart Search field (AKA Address Bar)? If so, I suspect the only answer would be to install the extension again and then make sure that all its configuration check boxes are unchecked prior to uninstalling it again. That should restore your preferred search engine in Smart Search.

Apr 4, 2016 6:34 AM in response to travelinwoman

You are welcome. Do a backup, preferably 2 backups on 2 separate drives.

Quit Safari

Go to Finder and select your user/home folder. With that Finder window as the front window, either select Finder/View/Show View options or go command - J. When the View options opens, check ’Show Library Folder’. That should make your user library folder visible in your user/home folder. Select Library/Safari/Extensions - if DDG is listed, delete it.

Open Safari and test.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.