Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Centering a table in updated pages and highlighting

Hello

I recently updated pages and cannot figure out how to center a table? Any suggestions? Using the circle in the upper left hand corner does not seem to work as suggested. Also wondering how to highlight. I see highlight under insert but that is only to highlight while working on the text and does not print out.

Thank you

MacBook Pro

Posted on Feb 9, 2014 5:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 9, 2014 6:31 AM

Select the upper left circle to select the entire table. Your Format > Arrange tab will be highlighted. On that tab's panel, there is an Align selector. Choose Align Center.

Select the text in your table cell that you wish to highlight. What you want is Character Fill Color, which lives in the gear drop down next to underline in the Text tab. This will paint color behind your text that survives PDF and printing.

25 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 9, 2014 6:31 AM in response to tsmotherof3

Select the upper left circle to select the entire table. Your Format > Arrange tab will be highlighted. On that tab's panel, there is an Align selector. Choose Align Center.

Select the text in your table cell that you wish to highlight. What you want is Character Fill Color, which lives in the gear drop down next to underline in the Text tab. This will paint color behind your text that survives PDF and printing.

Feb 9, 2014 6:53 AM in response to VikingOSX

Seems to be disabled for me too. The only way I can select the whole table is to go to edit then select all. There is no align center under format or arrange. I think the table much be locked some how and needs to be changed to a floating table before it can be centered.

Thanks for the help....I think I have the highlighting now. Why didn't they just call it highlight:)

Teresa

Centering a table in updated pages and highlighting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.