Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a new Apple TV. The HDMI port on the TV is bigger than that on the Apple TV. What to do ???

I have a new Apple TV. The HDMI Port on the TV is physically bigger than that on the Apple TV. Is there a special cable ??????

Apple TV, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Feb 13, 2014 2:39 PM

12 replies

Feb 13, 2014 8:57 PM in response to vazandrew

Now I am stuck..............The port on the ATV is very small. The Ports on both the Samsung TV and also on the Yamaha Amp/Reciever are quite a lot bigger but the same general shape.

Apples Tech Specs for the ATV Generation3 call its port an HDMI2. TV calls it an HDMI IN3

Wish I hadnt bought it !!!!

Cheers Katraz.

Feb 13, 2014 9:29 PM in response to Katraz

Again, you are looking at the wrong port! The small port is for a micro USB connection, used for restoring the device via iTunes. It uses the standard HDMI port, which is just above. There is no numbering on the unit and it would be irrelevant, on your TV it has more than one input (ie HDMI 2, HDMI 3) so it is numbered for that reason.

User uploaded file

I have a new Apple TV. The HDMI port on the TV is bigger than that on the Apple TV. What to do ???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.