Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5s won't connect to iTunes, nothing's working!

I am on Windows 8. I plug in my iPhone 5s but iTunes doesn't recognize it. It charges and when you open computer, it shows that the iPhone is connected. I have uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes, restarted the mobile device thing, everything. Any suggestions?

iPhone 5s

Posted on Feb 16, 2014 2:53 PM

27 replies

Feb 16, 2014 3:09 PM in response to kccournoyer

Is your iPhone operating normally? By this I mean can you unlock it and run apps and make calls as usual? Have a look at iOS: Device not recognized in iTunes for Windows. You can also try performing a reset on the phone. This will not delete any data. Hold in both the home button and the lock button at the same time until you see the Apple logo.

Feb 16, 2014 3:24 PM in response to kccournoyer

Make sure the cable is seated properly in the computer itself and in the iPhone. Also, is the iPhone charging while it is connected to the computer? Try plugging some other devices into the same USB port on the computer, such as a flash drive or camera to check if the USB port is actually working. Also, try plugging iPhone into a different USB port on your computer.

Feb 16, 2014 3:48 PM in response to kccournoyer

kccournoyer wrote:

I am on Windows 8. I plug in my iPhone 5s but iTunes doesn't recognize it. It charges and when you open computer, it shows that the iPhone is connected. I have uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes, restarted the mobile device thing, everything. Any suggestions?

Where are you looking for it in iTunes? If you are not seeing the left sidebar go to the iTunes menu, View, Show Sidebar. You should see the phone in the list on the left with the heading Devices.

iPhone 5s won't connect to iTunes, nothing's working!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.