Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

erratic wakeup from sleep after 10.9.2 - 2012 Mac Pro

I completed the most recent OS X upgrade yesterday on my 2012 Mac Pro and now "wake from sleep" seems to work erratically (much more often not waking up and requiring a reboot). Occasionally a quick push of the front panel power button will produce results. Nothing else has been changed on the computer so I can only believe that this upgrade has been the cause.

Anyone else having this problem? Suggestions or things to reset/check?

KWO

Mac Pro 2.8 quad-core

dual HP LP2275W monitors

OS X 10.9.2

OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Mar 3, 2014 8:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2014 9:49 PM

Do both a pram and SMC reset

21 replies

Mar 4, 2014 6:44 AM in response to kwolson

From www.xlr8yourmac.com with this reader feedback reports on 10.9.2 - might be something in here.

Follow-Up from 2013 Mac Pro owner after 10.9.2 Update
Received a long reply to questions I had from a Late 2013 Mac Pro owner (professional) that reported Sleep and Restart Problems in January 24th news. His Follow-up on OS X 10.9.2 update says it seems to have helped and includes more info and answers to questions about his setup and devices including Thunderbolt Pegasus R6 (V1), a BlackMagic UltraStudio Thunderbolt and USB3 cased SSD and HDD. (I mentioned 2013 Mac Pro's shared USB3 bus in original post.)
Threads on OS X 10.9.2 Problems/Tips:
(includes links to Apple forum threads on 10.9.2 problems, granted some are not common but posts may have tips for those that have similar issues. And anyone with a similar setup can post if they've had a problem or not and any suggestions that may help.)

Mar 9, 2014 6:49 PM in response to kwolson

I'm running 10.9.2 Mac Pro connecting a Sharp PN-K321at 60 Hz and an old 19 inch Cinema display on the HDMI port. I'm having similar issues when waking from sleep and "erratic" is definitely the right word. My understanding is that Apple divides the PN-K321 (3840 x 2160) into two segements of 1920 x 2160. I can see this when I wake from sleep as each half of the screen seems to "wake up" maybe 50 milliseconds apart.

Waking from sleep worked almost always prior the last Mavericks update. Now, >50% of the time I get:

- blank main display, reboot required

- one half of the display blank, reboot required

- display comes up but there is a black vertical line down the middle of the screen, reboot required

The Cinema on HDMI always comes up fine.

Mar 15, 2014 7:15 PM in response to kwolson

I have the same issue. I have an early 2009 MAC Pro 4,1 2.66 with the same exact issues since 10.9.0 came out. I have sleep shut off and still the Mail app reports errant connections via the internet. Sometime Safari can't connect. I replaced my old time capsule I am now using the new 3GB Time Capsule and there is no change in the errant network connections. Has anyone had Safari report the network is offline and then check the internet with another browser and the newtwork is just, but Safari and Mail are reporting it offline?

I found that if I click on the network icon in system preferences this seems to repairs the condition with Safari and Mail for an hour or so. Then it is back to the same trouble with the apps reporting no network connection.

Mar 26, 2014 2:39 PM in response to afsec9

We are seeing this issue as well after update to 10.9.2 on MacBook Pro. Allows user to type in their password, but then seems not to be able to log in. Pressing any key on the keyboard results in "bonk". Briefly pressing power button clears the hang and allows user to re-enter password, but then same thing happens all over again. As noted, this doesn't happen every time, but only one time is enough to be really annoying, especially if you have open files or unsaved work.

Very frustrating!!!

erratic wakeup from sleep after 10.9.2 - 2012 Mac Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.