Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New iPod Touch 5th Gen- iOS 7.0.6 major battery drain.

iPod Touch 5th Gen, 32GB

Have all the major known drainers off: such as Reduce Motion, Location Services, Notifications, Bluetooth, etc.

Was at 100% this a.m.

Usage: 2 hours, 9 minutes

Standby Mode: 11 hours, 45 minutes.

It was at 65% 4 minutes ago. 4 minutes later, it's at 60 % battery, and it wasn't even on.

I always turn it off when not in use and turn wifi off.

Only used to send texts via iMessage and take a few photos today.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

iPod touch, iOS 7.0.6, 5th Generation

Posted on Mar 6, 2014 9:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 7, 2014 1:59 AM

% battery on an iPod is not accurate. The test is how long does a full charge (charge for minimum of four hours) last. You shuld get 4-5 hours of video playback

28 replies

Mar 7, 2014 7:59 AM in response to lllaass

Well, I tested both my 2nd Gen iPod Touch vs my 5th Gen i-touch last night.

2nd Gen was at 100% in sleep mode overnight. Turned on to check and it's at 100%.

5th Gen was at 60% in sleep mode overnight. Turned on to check and it was at 54%.

(I use Battery Doctor Pro to see Percentage on 5th Gen. in addition to another Battery % App - both accurate, as tested on my 2nd Gen iPod)

Notice that in under 10 minutes...how much that percentage dropped 20%.

User uploaded file

Mar 7, 2014 10:04 AM in response to lllaass

As noted in my original post, I have all the settings that are known for draining disabled.

I do not use iCloud. I do not have an iCloud account.

Here is the latest. I got the low battery warning and then, did a check:

Below, is the latest screenshot: Remember, at 10:20 a.m. it was at 54%, 9 minutes later with no usage, it dropped to 34%. Almost 2 hours later, again, no usage, 14%.

User uploaded file

Mar 7, 2014 10:31 AM in response to Cåts

never had that problem on my 5gen, haven't had any short battery shortage than my brothers internal battery is bad bc it can say its full but once the plug is out, ya can see the battery getting smaller withn a couple of seconds when the screen is displaying and no, not jailbroken and no battery % either, besides it crashes and constant apple screen boot that can't turn on and says its dead but boots up anyway. but his 4g is almost 2 yrs old.

started doing that updateing to ios 6.0.4, his is to full to ios 6.0.7. updating that later today throu my mac.

Mar 7, 2014 10:38 AM in response to lllaass

I'm charging it now, so it will be a few hours to get full charge. I'm sure it's got to be a hardware issue at this point.

When you ask me how long does a full charge last when playing video? Do you mean watching continuous YoutTube for 4 hours? Or do you mean using an App that watches TV?

If you meant watching TV via an app, I can try that later, when fully charged).

I haven't watched video for hours or even a second since I bought it a few days ago. I only use it for text/ internet.

Also, what do you mean, this is the test, not the % ?

Mar 7, 2014 10:49 AM in response to Cåts

The latest of Course, no problems here.

7.0.6 waiting for 7.1 unless small rumors for 7.0.7.

Sometimes, idk probably what I use it for, I can get up to nearly 9-10hrs of use w/o charging it.

Alos a good thing to have it complete dead by tapping the power to show the no battery image is a good thing as well, and charge it overnight to have a fully charged. ps. the % in the upper isn't always correct with the the other battery apps having the %.

I knew before but the % on my old device (4gen), nvr actually showed it correctly bc it always went up and own constantly.

Thats why Apple have it disabled withn a .kext bc of that reason. totally different from an iPhone & iPad

Mar 7, 2014 3:56 PM in response to lllaass

Illaass, when you say play a video, are you saying to watch a T.V. app and see how long?

I don't play video games or watch videos for hours, so I just wanted to clarify. I have an App that allows me to watch my TV on my app.

Is that what you suggest I do? I can do that, but I just want to make sure that's what you mean 🙂

Mar 7, 2014 5:32 PM in response to Cåts

crap, sry, earlier my post got scrample bc i thought it posted right when my pc was half shutting down. scrample error.

I was trying to say was that I knew they will never allow it even thou they have a small .kext that ya can edit withn the firmware then restore that firmware into itunes to your ipod and it will be there. (i forgot what i wrote earlier without this confuesness).

there's a kext file inside the OS for the iPod thats just turned off, one adjustment can make it turn on, restore it with the modify OS and there ya have it. idk how u did it besides programs to auto do it for you whitch could make it infect your OS whitch infected your battery. permendantly or not.

New iPod Touch 5th Gen- iOS 7.0.6 major battery drain.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.