Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Touch is blank after reset

So heres what happened

I reseted the ipod to factory settings... Then after few minuets say 5mins at that white circle the screen went blank, now i read online it never takes that long to reset, after 30 mins or 1hour later i looked and still blank screen, the power button doesnt work, the home button does...

I tried plugging it into iTunes then it shows no device at all, it shows my 4S, how can i fix this is it a hardware fault....??????

Power button doesn't work

Posted on Mar 11, 2014 10:04 PM

1 reply

Mar 12, 2014 2:00 AM in response to 777DilZ

Try:

- iOS: Not responding or does not turn on

- Also try DFU mode after try recovery mode

How to put iPod touch / iPhone into DFU mode « Karthik's scribblings

- If not successful and you can't fully turn the iOS device fully off, let the battery fully drain. After charging for an least an hour try the above again.

- Try another cable

- Try on another computer

- If still not successful that usually indicates a hardware problem and an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store is in order.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

If the Power or Home buttonis broken, ignore the reset and when it says place the iPod in recovery mode

Place the iPod in recovery mode using one of these programs:

For PC

RecBoot: Easy Way to Put iPhone into Recovery Mode

or

http://joshuabailey1997.wordpress.com/2010/09/02/recboot-v1-3/

If necessary:

Download QTMLClient.dll & iTunesMobileDevice.dll for RecBoot

and

RecBoot tip

RecBoot may have problems on 64X windows, then try:

Tenorshare ReiBoot – Enter & Exit iPhone, iPad, iPod Recovery Mode with a Single Click

For MAC or PC

The Firmware Umbrella - TinyUmbrella

Installs blootware on PC too

iPod Touch is blank after reset

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.