Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to turn off voice control in iOS 7.1?

Hello

I just updated my Iphone 5 to iOS 7.1.

When my iphone is in my pocket I activate voice control all the time by mistake and so I call random people all the time.

I just really want to turn voice dialing off, until iOS 7.1 I fixed this problem by going to settings-->general-->pass code lock on-->turn off voice dial

But now when I wanna do the same there's no option anymore to turn voice dial off...

Can anybody help me?

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 12, 2014 12:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2014 1:20 AM

solved, it just deleted my settings with the iOS 7.1 update.

1. Turn Siri on --> settings --> general --> Siri

2. (just for the case you deactivated Siri here, not sure if you need to do that)

settings --> general --> restrictions --> Siri on

3. settings --> passcode --> Turn Passcode on --> Allow Access when Locked --> Siri OFF

and it works better than before since you can't activate Voice Control anymore when your iPhone is locked...

35 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 12, 2014 1:20 AM in response to pesun

solved, it just deleted my settings with the iOS 7.1 update.

1. Turn Siri on --> settings --> general --> Siri

2. (just for the case you deactivated Siri here, not sure if you need to do that)

settings --> general --> restrictions --> Siri on

3. settings --> passcode --> Turn Passcode on --> Allow Access when Locked --> Siri OFF

and it works better than before since you can't activate Voice Control anymore when your iPhone is locked...

Mar 12, 2014 12:13 PM in response to woutfromnull

I really hope there is a solution to fix that problem, just tried to find one for the iphone 4 in different communities but had no luck :-(

In general accessibility the VoiceOver is off? I remember that I had to turn that off in the past to fix the voice dial lockscreen problem, but with one of the previous ios updates that wasn't the solution anymore, maybe they made a few steps back... I really hope there is a way for you to fix it, it's really frustrating...

Mar 13, 2014 5:15 AM in response to pesun

Given that voice control for me at least is the most annoying feature that any phone could ever posess this presents a big problem.

Now I have to turn on flight mode when my iPhone is in my pocket, so essentially I have a phone that can no longer function as a phone.

After some research it would seem that this feature is still available on the iPhone 5, so this is probably another one of Apple's moves to push users to the next generation, but for me it has had the opposite affect, personally i'm waiting for the new HTC one to come out at the end of this month.

Bye bye iPhone.

How to turn off voice control in iOS 7.1?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.