Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery drains after installing iOS 7.1 on my iPhone 5

Dear All

Can you please help me out, my iPhone 5 battery drains in 2-3 hours after installing iOS 7.1. I am not rigorous user and also turned off motion option. Since installing 1 day ago I atleast have charge for 10-12 times without so much use.

With iOS 7.0.x, my iPhone just require 1 time charging in whole day with same apps.

Your help will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

ZRC.

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 12, 2014 3:12 AM

96 replies

Mar 12, 2014 10:49 AM in response to Zrc_iPhone

Same here. i'm still testing out 7.1, and i've turned off all the things that drain batter. I'm on wifi. when i had the phone crash issue with 7.0.XX at 1:30 pm i would have around 60% battery left, and that was terrible compared to what i had before ios 7.

now it's 1:47 pm and i have 12% left. i can literally stand here and watch my phone on the home screen and it's going down 1% every minute. before i start ranting and cursing and spitting i'm going to drain the battery all the way down to see if that fixes it. good news is i haven't had it shut down on me yet when lower than 30%.

Mar 12, 2014 6:00 PM in response to Zrc_iPhone

Happened to me today. After I updated last night, my iPhone 5S lasted only 3 hours today.. Usually it runs from morning to evening or even to night, but today from morning to early afternoon like really? I put airplane mode and still it drained 10% to 1% in only 5 minutes ? Weird right? Whats weirdest is that after a full charge middle day now the battery is back to normal n lasting.. I'm so confused really.. Just like if there were hackers pulling data out of my phone..

Mar 12, 2014 10:21 PM in response to Zrc_iPhone

Same issue on my iPhone 5s. Had no battery problems before 7.1 update. Usually in the morning I use it on and off for a couple hours and it would go down to 90%, today it went to 84%. And I'm just using Safari and Twitter and Facebook. No email, no games. It's brutal. I thought the update was supposed to fix battery, not make it worse. They better send out another update.

Mar 13, 2014 1:33 AM in response to Zrc_iPhone

I updated my iphone 5 to the new iOS (7.1) 2 days ago and noticed that without making any calls and only using it in the house over wifi just to check emails the battery drains from 84% to dead phone in about 3 hours. To trouble shoot the problem I went to settings and did the 'Reset' to the phone. I charged it last night to 100% and unplugged it to go to bed. This morning phone was dead. So not sure how long it took for the battery to drain again, but it still not normal. Now after backing it up I am restoring the phone. It says 6 hours remaining for the software to download. I know it was very fast when i did the update a couple of days ago.

I'll keep you guys posted if the battery issue is resolved with the restore.

Mar 13, 2014 4:45 AM in response to Mark Piaskiewicz1

Location services icon was not showing up. But based on your comment above I turned background App Refresh' off and restarted the iphone. Left it that way for a couple of hours and turned it back on. It still not showing up. But in last 3 hours from 100% battery its down to 65% now. The location service icon is still not showing. I am still downloading the update its been over 3 hours ... it say 4 hours to go. I am doing it through itunes and once the download started i ejected the phone. So that I test the battery drain untill the down load is done.

Mar 13, 2014 6:02 AM in response to Zrc_iPhone

Restore will reset all your iPhone to factory settings, it will erase everything. You should make a back up first to either iTunes or iCloud (iCloud offers 5GB free only). However, I don't think you really should restore your iPhone. It will take a lot of time and it is useless for such an issue. Though, you can try resetting your iPhone settings by going to "General > Reset > Reset All Settings". This will delete only your iPhone settings like wifi passwords, privacy settings, notfiications settings, locations, dictionary saved words..etc. It will not delete your photos, contacts, apps and your personal data.

Battery drains after installing iOS 7.1 on my iPhone 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.