Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 7.1 update bring carrier unstable "Searching..."

Hi,

After upgrade iPhone 5 to iOS 7.1 my carrier signal becomes unstable after every 30 sec it starts to searching it. Battery also affected as I am not able to use it for more than 6 hours. Before it was fine on 7.0.4 but later without upgrade my signal becomes unstable yes without upgrade my signal becomes unstable. then I thought to upgrade it so it will resolves the issue, but who knows the situation got worsed. My battery drains from 100% to 10% in 6 hours (maximum). My carrier signal is fluctuating in one minute it changes it three states

1. Searching

2. No service

3. Vodafone IN ( means it got signal full 5 star )

4. but soon after 10 sec again gone

Please do a fix for this as I am not able to use my phone it is lying in my drawer.

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 15, 2014 2:53 AM

20 replies

Mar 17, 2014 5:33 PM in response to diesel vdub

I am also having this issue. I took my "no longer covered under warranty" iPhone 5 to the apple Genius bar, everything appeard "fine"...but I wasn't connected to the service provider.

I have in the following order, taken these steps:

Powered off/on

Reset Network

Reset Device

Changed to new SIM card

Wiped and restored my phone.

I am completely dissatisfied with this update, I have had NO problems with my phone to date and this update has literally stopped my business. I have no way of making calls, texts, internet, mail etc.

I am NOT responsible for buying a new phone, this is all due to the software update. FIXIT!!!

Mar 18, 2014 6:24 PM in response to fullgravity

Hi...Try this it worked for me.

Turn off "Enable 3G". Simply do this by:

Settings> Cellular> Enable 3G

It restores the phone connectivity/stability. You can then recieve phone calls and voice mail notifications. If you have Wi-fi on you will be able to use the data (email/web etc.) via the Wi-fi stream.

Not a total fix as you are operating without 3G capability. It will get you up and running in the interium.

Mar 19, 2014 5:50 PM in response to Direct to

Thanks Direct to - this did not work for me

I am almost on 1 week with "No Service" & "Searching", this causes my battery to need full charges 3-4 times a day.

Apple replaced my phone - nice considering it was out of warranty. They tried everything they could do, but it's still not connecting to the Carrier. (Rogers) I called the Apple guy in tech support and left him a message to see if there is maybe anything else they can think of.

Still an ongoing issue, reopened my ticket with Rogers, they did a reset again, I have to wait another 24 hours for it to work? This is LTE Coverage, my son is having same problems on his phone too. Same phone, same plan. Husband has 3G plan on same phone, no issues.

I can't get the phone to work

I can't text unless I'm on wifi

I can't get data unless on wifi

Not really sure what else to do. Might be carrier, might be iOS 7.1

Mar 26, 2014 1:15 PM in response to fullgravity

Oh dear after updating my 5S to 7.1 my Vodafone can't get a signal in London. Rollback downgrade feature would be nice as now my expensive iPhone is dead... Just says "Searching" and munches battery like freshly baked cookies. (Also not a fan of the clunky new Turn Off slider or the darker slide to unlock graphics either - 7.0 graphics where much more elegant but that's just btw.)

Would be good to know what carriers are effected, or if its a Vodafone or 7.1 bug? Anyone else on O2/EE getting the same issue?

Mar 27, 2014 1:04 AM in response to fullgravity

My carrier is AIS and I'm in BKK Thailand. I think it's 7.1 bug because it happened after I upgrade my iOS. On the first day, it happened every 1-2 hours and I went upcountry, so I thought it was my carrier's fault. But after that I back to town and it happened every minute and now my iphone turn into an expensive paperweight. It can't find any signal, searching all the time. RIP iOS 7.1

Mar 27, 2014 3:24 AM in response to fullgravity

Hi,

I am sure that this is cuz of new ios 7.1 update, Now I am going file a lawsuit against apple ios software upgrade policy as I am not able to use my any phone services.

1. battery last from full charge to 1% in just 2 hours

2. phone screen boundries is becomes light green.

3. Phone is EXTREMELY HOT

4. No signal or reboot signals in every 10 seconds.

5. I have restored from fresh and from backup too, did factory reset, network reset, hard reset, phone restart, icloud backup restore, itunes backup restore. nothing worksUser uploaded file

View screenshots

I am also attaching one screeshot showing the usage time from full charge

Apr 27, 2014 10:08 PM in response to fullgravity

Hi,

i had the same issue with my Iphone 5S when i updated to ios 7.1.1. the signals were unstable and was going to No service after every minute. in addition to that. the battery was draining out withing 4 hours.

i restored my phone many times but that didnt help. at last i found the solution.

the issue was with my SIM card. when used other network sim, i found no issue with my phone. so i just requested new from my network provider and got it working fine.

1- remove your sim

2- reset network settings

3- use other network sim and check.

I hope this will help.

iOS 7.1 update bring carrier unstable "Searching..."

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.