Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Magic Mouse and keybourd huge constructive problem

mouse Apple Magic Mouse waste fully charged rechargeable battery for one day (I have 5 different type of rechargeable battery which works perfectly with other device ). We changed mouse for a new one during warranty - the same thing with new one.

Now I have same problem with my keyboard! It eats away battery from 100% till 0 in 2 days.

Mouse heavy and hard to move. Is it possible to change it to money because of this serious constructive problem

Apple Magic Mouse

Posted on Mar 19, 2014 4:35 AM

5 replies

Mar 19, 2014 4:34 PM in response to AlexRus111

Was this using an Apple Charger?

If not, which charger was it?

Were the rechargeable batteries from Apple?

If not where were they from?

Which monitor is giving you the reading of 100%

Which keyboard is giving you trouble. You give no details of the devices you are using in your profile. What you are describing is highly unusual since you have battery problems with two different items. That indicates to me that the batteries and/or the means of charging them is at fault.

As far as a refund is concerned, no-one here can anticipate what an individual store will do. They will clearly want to test the items.

Mar 20, 2014 1:09 AM in response to AlexRus111

Thanks for confirming that. I agree that 1.2v is insufficient with some machines.

Of course, you will read of problems and they will seem many if over a full page of Google but in relation to the number of machines sold, they are few. I would encourage you to use feedback ... but the lack of a response can be discouraging.

The batteries I use are Apple, Energiser and Duracell Plus. I get 2 to 3 weeks with rechargeables and 4 to 5 weeks with regulars.

Oh, and no streaming.

Mar 20, 2014 1:34 AM in response to seventy one

2-3 weeks - this is still too little time. I have Acer wireless mouse with 2 time smaller batteries - and it woks for 2 month.

My Apple mouses works with regulars one 1,5 V batteries - true.

All rechargeable bateries are 1.2 V, as well as Apple"s batteries

I do not see any difference between my Panasonic and other batteries and Apple (it is actually Sanyo ENELOOP) batteries. So, it must be huge constructive problem

Mar 20, 2014 2:28 AM in response to AlexRus111

Thanks for the star, Alex.

My duracell batteries are 2400mAh as opposed to the Apple Batteries which are 1900mAh. Not sure whjat difference that makes.

I am on record for having made feedback comments and several caustic remarks in the forums about the life span of the rechargeables compared with the claims.

YMMV is the usual reply.

There is a difference between batteries, just as there is a difference between where you buy them. For regular batteries bulk bought from discount stores, it often means they are old stock with a depleted charge.

Magic Mouse and keybourd huge constructive problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.