Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I posted a question a couple of days ago to the 'Safari Community'. I can't stop the emails.

I posted a question a couple of days ago to the 'Safari Community'. I got my answer, now I can't stop the emails from coming (even for unrelated posts in the Safari Community).

I have read through the list questions and answers from many other users experiencing the same thing. I have tried all suggestions BUT I continue to receive email postings even though everything is off and notifications are blank.

Why should something SO SIMPLE be so difficult? Please help me stop from receiving email notifications into my email box!

Thanks.

OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Mar 22, 2014 6:36 AM

14 replies

Mar 22, 2014 6:55 AM in response to cybeartist

The tip Ralph linked to will work but in cases where you are sure the notifications are only coming from one community this might be quicker.

Go to the community (Safari in your case) and on the front page of the community you should see

User uploaded file

Click the stop email notifications link (circled red above). If the link instead says Receive email notifications you will need to go through all the steps in the tip.

Post back if you still have problems.

Note if you are also getting notifications for the thread you started you will need to go to that thread and look for the same link there and turn it off also.

Mar 22, 2014 5:36 PM in response to cybeartist

cybeartist wrote:

Yes, the page is exact and all notifications are turned off! Yet, I'm still receiving emails from 'Safari'.

There is only one notification link shown in the screen shot I posted. If you are seeing multiple ones you are on the wrong page.

Please post a screen shot of the Safari community front page like the one I posted above.

regards

Mar 22, 2014 5:34 PM in response to deggie

deggie wrote:

Go to the Safari forum and to the right, under the email notifications, see if it says "Stop following this community". If it does, click on it.

The Stop Following this Community link does not have anything to do with email notifications.

Email notifications for a community are control by the [Stop/Receive] email notifications link as I circled in the screen shot above.

I posted a question a couple of days ago to the 'Safari Community'. I can't stop the emails.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.