Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 5 is charging but wont turn on even with the hard reset and restore. Keeps showing low battery. HELP PLEASE

My iPhone 5 shows it's charging but wont turn on even with the hard reset and restore. Just keeps showing low battery. HELP PLEASE

I usually sleep with my phone on charge through the night and I haven't had any problem since, I left my iphone 5 charging last night and in the morning it stated 100% charged so I decided to turn the power off normally (Hold the hold button till it says slide to turn power off) I turned it off and suddenly my iphone went straight to low battery. Although I have been having weird battery percentage changes for example it would stay on 1 % for an hour or so or drain really quickly.

I have restored it as i thought was the thing to do all it's doing it restoring and still stating low battery and I have charged it for hours +. I can't hard reset it nor restore it NEED HELP PLEASE.

Most Apprieciated.

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.6

Posted on Mar 23, 2014 12:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 8, 2015 1:30 PM

annakristine wrote:

Hi,

my iphone5 keeps restarting for quite sometime. for a day its like more than 10 times. and if it would turn on, the phone keeps getting hotter. and now it came to the point that it does not turn on anymore. i did the sleep/wake button press with home and still did not work. i connected it to my laptop through my usb cable and a message popped up that my phone is in recovery mode. and this already happened to me before. do you it think it has something to do with the hardware, like maybe it needs battery replacement?

Thank you, and please help.

Your question seem unrelated to the Original Post in this thread. I suggest you start a new question that gives a good title to a specific problem. Then in the body of the thread describe the problem in detail, tell us what steps you have tried so far to correct the problem, what happened, and what error messages you received.

37 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 8, 2015 1:30 PM in response to annakristine

annakristine wrote:

Hi,

my iphone5 keeps restarting for quite sometime. for a day its like more than 10 times. and if it would turn on, the phone keeps getting hotter. and now it came to the point that it does not turn on anymore. i did the sleep/wake button press with home and still did not work. i connected it to my laptop through my usb cable and a message popped up that my phone is in recovery mode. and this already happened to me before. do you it think it has something to do with the hardware, like maybe it needs battery replacement?

Your question seem unrelated to the Original Post in this thread. I suggest you start a new question that gives a good title to a specific problem. Then in the body of the thread describe the problem in detail, tell us what steps you have tried so far to correct the problem, what happened, and what error messages you received.

Jun 24, 2014 7:10 AM in response to jason269

Hi,

My iPhone 5 is charging but wont turn on even with the hard reset and restore. Keeps showing low battery. HELP PLEASE

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.