Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to Prevent Apple Support Communities from Sending Me Emails?

Hi,

How I can I prevent the Apple Support Communities website / tool from sending me emails?

I have disabled all emails in my profile settings (since about six months):

User uploaded file

Still, Apple Support Communities keep sending me emails in increasing frequency:

User uploaded file

(It is the same account / username / email, I have triple checked that.)

What options other than marking Apple as as spammer do I have left?

Cheers

Posted on Mar 23, 2014 7:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2014 7:54 PM

Here is a great article by Frank Caggiano that will walk you through resolving your question.

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-3661

Remember that there are two steps to stopping the emails, you have to stop the notifications you already have running and then you have to stop new notifications from starting. That article will do both if you follow it.

Good luck.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 23, 2014 7:54 PM in response to _daniel_

Here is a great article by Frank Caggiano that will walk you through resolving your question.

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-3661

Remember that there are two steps to stopping the emails, you have to stop the notifications you already have running and then you have to stop new notifications from starting. That article will do both if you follow it.

Good luck.

Mar 24, 2014 5:01 PM in response to _daniel_

In your Profile underneath the link for Edit Preferences (which you have used) there is a link for Manage Email Notifications. Go into here and deselect the threads that you no longer wish to receive email notifications for.

The first set of preferences affects future threads you participate in (unless you specifically ask for Notifications), but threads that you are already being notified about need to be individually deselected in the second area.

hope that helps

Mar 26, 2014 1:33 PM in response to FALcatkin

Hi,

Thank you – that (hopefully) resolves the issue!

Note, that I came to Edit Preferences not through my Profile, but through the link in the "update emails" itself.

The link in the emails (see screeshot) reads: You are receiving this email from Apple Support Communities. You can change your email preferences in your Apple Support Communities Profile.

And the link leads to the "Edit Preferences" page (the "Manage Email Notifications" page is not visible / linked from "Edit Preferences")

According to common "unsubscribe" practices in emails, I would expect that an "unsubscribe"-type of link leads me to a page where I can unsubscribe from the type of email I just received (and not unsusbcribe from 'additional potential future' emails or whatever you would call it in that case).

Hence, this "unsubscribe" link in the email should either go to the Profile page, or the Manage Email Notifications (where I can actualy unsusbcribe), NOT to Edit Preferences.

Hope, someone from Apple reads the above...

( Personally, I think the idea to split between past and future threads is a bad design in the first place )

Daniel

How to Prevent Apple Support Communities from Sending Me Emails?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.