Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why would a person get banned from apple communities , Why would a person get banned from apple communities

Yesterday I copied and pasted some crash reports from an ,"awdd" application and a "log aggregated event" in which bug_type is the description followed by a long list of code in which every task executed on the iPhone is recorded, all events described in code including phone calls. I received a few responses and then BOOM!! I'm shut down . A) who is my system administrator I've been instructed to address if I feel I've been banned by mistake? And B) what are the offenses that warrant such an extreme response/consequence?

iPhone 5c, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 27, 2014 10:59 PM

54 replies

Mar 27, 2014 11:25 PM in response to Aliesp

We tried to explain nicely that many people have threads removed, and that ID removal requires continuous and aggravated behavior. Not many people use multiple IDs in the forum. It sometimes leads to a person asking questions in one ID and answering with the other to gain points (not saying you do, but some do).

"and thank you Einstein" is an indicator of how you may have come to the attention of the moderators.

Mar 27, 2014 11:04 PM in response to Aliesp

The email you received should have the return email address to ask for more details, and that email should have the reason for the removal of your thread and/or your ID.

Did you get banned or just a thread removed? Normally you need to break one of the TermsOfUse (see the link at bottom of the page). Threads are removed much more often than entire IDs. Sometimes you break the rules with single thread without meaning to. You generally need to break the rules repeatedly within a short time period to have your ID removed.

It is possible that personal information was contained in the post. If there was, then the hosts will edit, or sometimes, delete the post. You were not "banned" - if you were, you wouldn't be posting here now. Your post was removed.

Posts get removed for a variety of reasons. Aside from privacy issues, any post that violates the Terms of Use may be deleted.

It's not a huge deal. We have all, at one time or another, had all or part of our posts removed by the hosts.

Cheers,

GB

As we are all other users here, we cannot answer your questions. According to the ToU here:

https://discussions.apple.com/static/apple/tutorial/tou.html

the hosts can/may/will remove posts. You should have received an email explaining the reason. Since Apple owns the site, they can remove any post at any time; I can only assume that yours was in violation of the ToU.

Mar 27, 2014 11:13 PM in response to gail from maine

I have more than one Apple ID. I'll check my email and see if there is a way to find the reason. I just read the terms and quite frankly I shouldn't have been banned. I wanted someone , more tech savvy than me, to decipher my crash reports, which by the way all had watchdog diagnostic alerts attached. My phone literally has a mind of its own and I know has software issues. It's been replaced 9 times with the same issues reoccurring. I copied and pasted the crash reports and simply asked when dorsal situation like this become more than coincidental?

Mar 27, 2014 11:20 PM in response to gail from maine

I have more than one Apple ID. I'll check my email and see if there is a way to find the reason. I just read the terms and quite frankly I shouldn't have been banned. I wanted someone , more tech savvy than me, to decipher my crash reports, which by the way all had watchdog diagnostic alerts attached. My phone literally has a mind of its own and I know has software issues. It's been replaced 9 times with the same issues reoccurring. I copied and pasted the crash reports and simply asked when does situation like this become more than coincidental?

FOR YOUR INFORMATION I know the difference between the word banned and removed. How hard is it to create another Apple ID? Granted I already had another one, but come on don't underestimate my intelligence please and thank you Einstein

Mar 31, 2014 4:18 AM in response to Aliesp

i would imagine people get "banned" by being disrespectful or abusing the priviledge we have of all these wonderfully helpful people on this site.

I admit I was leary of getting on here with a BIG group.

I am very impressed by the folks who I've coresponded withi thus far.

Still learning how to maneuvre site, thanks for the patience! lol

Why would a person get banned from apple communities , Why would a person get banned from apple communities

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.