Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple application support not found error 2

Apple Application Support not found error 2

Windows 7

Posted on Mar 28, 2014 1:52 PM

74 replies

May 21, 2017 4:26 AM in response to jado16

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. Run the installer as the administrator. It may just possibly help to pre-install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable. See also the steps in Install missing components.

Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, or want to revert to an older version if the current one won't work properly for you at the moment.

Your library and device backups should be unaffected by these steps but there are links to backup and recovery advice should it be needed.

tt2

Mar 28, 2014 2:04 PM in response to wgood007

With the Error 2, let's try a standalone Apple Application Support install. It still might not install, but fingers crossed any error messages will give us a better idea of the underlying cause of the issue.

Download and save a copy of the iTunesSetup.exe (or iTunes64setup.exe) installer file to your hard drive:

http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Download and install the free trial version of WinRAR suitable for your PC (there's a 32-bit Windows version and a 64-bit Windows version). If the following link takes you to the WinRAR home page rather than the WinRAR downloads page, click the Downloads header in the box at the left of the WinRAR home page to see the trial version downloads:

http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm

Right-click the iTunesSetup.exe (or iTunes64Setup.exe), and select "Extract to iTunesSetup" (or "Extract to iTunes64Setup"). WinRAR will expand the contents of the file into a folder called "iTunesSetup" (or "iTunes64Setup").

Go into the folder and doubleclick the AppleApplicationSupport.msi to do a standalone AAS install.

Does it install properly for you? If so, see if iTunes will launch without the error now.

If instead you get an error message during the install, let us know what it says. (Precise text, please.)

May 11, 2014 12:13 AM in response to b noir

I have a problem with my phone. While i was updating my phone through itunes my laptop shutdown, and after i restarted the computer my phone was stuck with the itunes logo and charger cord. From then, I've called apple for help and support, but anythign they asked me to do or try, i have already tried and it was all a failure. so now ive started to explore google and see if anyone has had the same problems as i have, I've tried many things but nothing has worked out for me, so i started to use this site as a source for help and was told, to fix the problem i am having, I must remove all itunes and its components and reinstall it, so i did all that. after i finished installing, itunes could not open because apple aplication support was not found (I was told to remove this from control panel aswell) but the download that was given to me aparantly doesn't have the apple application support, which without, i cannot run itunes, meaning, now i can't fix my phone unless i have access to itunes.

The error that comes up is:

Apple application not found.

Apple application support is required to run itunes. Please uninstall itunes, then install itunes again.

error 2 (windows error 2)

When this error came up, i followed what it told me to do and reinstalled itunes, however, the same error came up. so i tried to download apple application support seperately but have had no luck. i could really use some good help, it's been 3 days since my phone has stopped working and of all the things I've been researching, nothing has helped. Help please.

thanks, Elias

Jun 22, 2014 9:01 AM in response to Community User

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down page in case one of them applies.

Your library should be unaffected by these steps but there is backup and recovery advice elsewhere in the user tip.

tt2

Jun 24, 2014 1:55 AM in response to wgood007

Hi all

I had the same problem and was able to solve it, kindly follow the below steps;

1. Download the installation file iTunesSetup.exe (or iTunesSetup64.exe if you are on a 64-bit system) from apple
  2. Extract or unzip the iTunesSetup.exe
  3. Open the folder iTunesSetup (or iTunesSetup64) created in the previous step
  4. Double-click the file AppleApplicationSupport.msi
    (or AppleApplicationSupport64.msi if you have a 64-bit system)
  5. Choose
    "Repair" if you are prompted (if you are not prompted that's fine, too)

Your iTunes installation should work now.

Regards,

Rami

Jul 26, 2014 1:08 AM in response to Fifixxxcat

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it, which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down page in case one of them applies.

Your library should be unaffected by these steps but there is backup and recovery advice elsewhere in the user tip.

The section Install missing components has advice on breaking down the iTunes installer into the individual .msi files which might prove useful if one component, such as Apple Mobile Device Support, won't install normally.

In your case I suggest you start with a clean download of the iTunes64Setup.exe file using the direct link. If reinstalling AMDS alone doesn't work try tearing everything down again.

tt2

apple application support not found error 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.