Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Get device IMEI number from activation lock screen

I have an iPad stuck in activation lock. I can get it unlocked by providing apple with some information, however in need the IMIE number. It is nowhere on the back, and I can’t seem to find it inside. Can anybody help me find this number?

iPad 2, iOS 7.1

Posted on Apr 2, 2014 5:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2015 1:54 AM

Had this problem, simply press the i button bottom right hand corner of "hello" activation screen and IMEI should appear.

32 replies

Apr 3, 2014 3:31 AM in response to sberman

Unfortunately I don’t have the iPad box, and I can’t see it in iTunes because when I connect it, it says that it’s in activation lock and I can’t do anything in iTunes unless the previous owner puts in his Apple ID and Password, which can’t because I don’t have any contact with him.

Apr 3, 2014 12:46 PM in response to KSUT

KSUT wrote:

... I can’t see it in iTunes because when I connect it, it says that it’s in activation lock and I can’t do anything ...

As the HT4061 article I attached says under "If you have access to your computer, but not your device", you do not need to connect your device to iTunes to see the IMEI number.

Apr 3, 2014 12:51 PM in response to sberman

But the OP has stated that they are not the original owner and it is blocked with the Activation Lock, so they cannot acces any of that data, only have the physical pad and no access to its content or past itunes activity.

KSUT,

You will have to work with whomever told you that by supplying the IMEI would allow you to unlock it to actually retrieve that data, but AFIK there is no such method to bypass Activation Lock.

If you purchased the unit you should immediately return it for a refund and if you found it you should turn it into your local law enforcment agency.

Apr 3, 2014 12:55 PM in response to robdrage

robdrage wrote:

But the OP has stated that they are not the original owner and it is blocked with the Activation Lock, so they cannot acces any of that data, only have the physical pad and no access to its content or past itunes activity.

Not true. The OP never said "I have no access to past iTunes activity."

In particular, it is very possible the OP backed up her/his iPad using iTunes before updating to iOS 7.

Apr 3, 2014 1:05 PM in response to sberman

They state

" I can’t do anything in iTunes unless the previous owner puts in his Apple ID and Password, which can’t because I don’t have any contact with him."

And

"I have an iPad stuck in activation lock. I can get it unlocked by providing apple with some information, however in need the IMIE number. It is nowhere on the back, and I can’t seem to find it inside. Can anybody help me find this number?"

Get device IMEI number from activation lock screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.