Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Maps Terms of Use? (Maximum Number of Users)

Hi,

I am looking for an official documents for the maps application on the iPhone. Basically I want to know if there are any restrictions on how many users can use the service in my app.

Best regards, thanks,

Kev

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.1

Posted on Apr 3, 2014 4:31 AM

6 replies

Apr 3, 2014 11:18 AM in response to awesomekev

It doesn't matter which map data vendor you choose. They will all re-evaluate their services on a regular basis and make changes. There is no guarantee of anything from anywhere. Apple hasn't said it will charge and it hasn't said it won't either. There are other vendors than Apple and Google too. I have had good luck with MapQuest. They have a very nice web API with an option to use Openstreet map. Of course, just because you have an option to use open data doesn't mean you get the servers and bandwidth free in all cases.

Maps is a service that has to be paid for by someone in some fashion.

Apple Maps Terms of Use? (Maximum Number of Users)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.