Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I remove the rvzr-a.akamaihd virus

Hi

Can anyone please advise how I reove this virus from a iMac Intel running 10.9.2

Thanks Mike

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Apr 3, 2014 3:36 PM

18 replies

Apr 4, 2014 6:33 PM in response to SanChristo

There seems to be a new GoPhoto.it outbreak going on right now, and I haven't seen a sample of this new variant yet. There are a number of other reports of being unable to remove the extension, specifically involving Firefox. If that's the browser you're having the problem with, see:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/974356?esab=a&s=gophoto.it&r=0&as=s

I have yet to see a report of this problem from anyone other than a Firefox user.

Apr 4, 2014 6:40 PM in response to thomas_r.

Good to know I'm on the cutting edge of being annoyed. 😉

Thanks for the link, thomas. It fixed it immediately. For those wanting to know what to do, Junkshow writes:

This has been bugging me for a while as well, and I finally cracked it! The GoPhoto.it extension is in your home directory, under Library/Application Support/Mozilla/Extensions. The folder called "{ec8030f7-c20a-464f-9b0e-13a3a9e97384}" is the one you need to delete.

Your Library folder is hidden by default on newer versions of Mac OS, the easiest way to get there is to open the terminal and type "open ~/Library"

Apr 6, 2014 9:02 AM in response to MikeMac41

Additionally, you may want to check your extensions within the browser to assure GoPhoto isn't present.

For those of you using Google Chrome: Open Chrome > Preferences > Extensions > Delete GoPhoto.It extension.

For those using Safari: Open Safari > Preferences > Extensions > Uninstall GoPhoto.It

Worked for me. All browsers: Safari, Chrome and Firefox were infected.

How do I remove the rvzr-a.akamaihd virus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.