Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Duplicating calendar events on windows 8

Hi,

I have iCloud linked up to Outlook, and Outlook is linked to the Windows 8 calendar app. However, when viewing my calendar on windows 8, I see duplicate entries. But when I view it on Outlook.com, there are only single entries. What can I do? Also, some new calendar events that I created on my ipod have not synced to iCloud. Overall, I want to view my iPod calendar on Outlook and on Windows 8.

Thanks,

Ryan.

Windows 8, ios calendar

Posted on Apr 4, 2014 11:15 AM

19 replies

Apr 4, 2014 11:34 AM in response to heyryy

I can't explain why you are seeing duplicates in Outlook; that may be a question for the Microsoft forums. But if new events created on your iPod don't appear in iCloud you may want to confirm that you are adding them to your iCloud calendar and not a non-icloud calendar like On My iPod, Google, Yahoo or an exchange account. Go to Settings>Mail,Contacts,Calendars>Default Calendar (in the Calendars section) and make sure this is set to your iCloud calendar. This will ensure that new events are added to iCloud by default.

Apr 4, 2014 2:27 PM in response to heyryy

No, the default calendar is the calendar that new events are added to by default when you add new events. If all 4 calendars are iCloud calendars, and appear on your calendar on icloud.com, then you can choose any of them. Then add a test event and check to see if it appears on icloud.com.

This is only testing to see whether the issue is that you are adding events to a non-iCloud calendar or not. iCloud only syncs events added to an iCloud calendar. If you select an iCloud calendar as your default and a new event does not appear on icloud.com, we'll proceed to the next step.

Apr 4, 2014 2:38 PM in response to heyryy

You have to copy the calendar events to a blank calendar created in the iCloud account. You can create a new iCloud calendar by going to icloud.com, opening your calendar, clicking the gear icon on the lower left and choosing New Calendar. Give it the same name as the calendar you are importing. Then confirm that the new iCoud calendar appears in Outlook (you'll probably have to close and reopen Outlook to see it.) I'm not an Outlook expert, but I believe you then select the calendar you want to import to iCloud on the left sidebar in Outlook, switch to list view, select all the events (click one, then press Control-A), then drag and drop them to the new empty calendar you created in iCloud.

Duplicating calendar events on windows 8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.