Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The operation couldn’t be completed. (SOAPWebServicesErrorDomain error -997.)

I have problem with my Contacts app

User uploaded filei get this error when i click on litle triangle near to my Exchange acc

Help me please

Mac mini, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Apr 9, 2014 10:17 AM

16 replies

Nov 28, 2014 12:26 AM in response to nnnnnmmmmn

I have the same problem with my contacts since yesterday.

Same error message (SOAPWebServicesErrorDomain error -997) or no error message and nothing happening (in terms of syncing).

I have used Exchange for my business Mail and Contacts since last summer without problems : Mail with Apple Mail still works correctly.

But suddenly yesterday, sync stopped working properly between Exchange and Contacts.app : first, any new contact created locally on my Mac would then disappear from the Mac, but actually stay on the Exchange server (and on my iPhone : so the problem comes from the syncing between OS X Yosemite and the Exchange server).

I un-ticked and re-ticked the Contacts option in the Internet Accounts Preferences pane to no avail.

I then completely disabled/enabled and removed/reinstalled the Exchange account without success.

I now deleted the com.apple.AddressBook.plist in Library/Preferences and still it won't sync...

If someone has a solution, please share...

Dec 1, 2014 5:00 AM in response to m_linc

I'm a first time MAC user as of 29th November. And the first issue I came across was my Office 365 (Enterprise Plan 1) Contacts not syncing with my MacBook.

The Contacts works fine with an iPad Air and iPhone 6 Plus, just not a MacBook. And, to confirm, it doesn't work with Mavericks or Yosemite (10.10 or 10.10.1).

I've spent countless hours on the phone with Apple and Microsoft. Both are saying the issue is with the other.

Based on the test I've performed thus far, the issue seems to be with Microsoft.

Why?

I have an Outlook.com account, too. I can't even set that up as an Exchange on the MacBook. The one time I was lucky to do so, the same issue with Contacts, it wouldn't sync.

Getting this resolved will be interesting...

Dec 7, 2014 12:54 PM in response to m_linc

I've had the same issue - further discussion here: exchange contacts "The operation couldn't be completed. (SOAPWebServicesErrorDomain error -997.)"

Here's my last post:

"When I make a change in Outlook for Mac, I right click the contacts folder and force it to sync changes (I'm sure you've done that part as well) then I also restart the Contacts app after I know the change is made in exchange to force it to 'try' syncing, and check to see if the changes show up in Contacts. Are you using any sort of external contact syncing?

It appears the issue surrounds the property called DisplayNamePrefix (Mr. Ms. Mrs. Dr. that sort of thing) which shows up in Outlook for mac under the "Personal" heading with a "Title" field, and shows in Mac Contacts app and iOS as "Prefix". Mac Contacts app doesn't like it, even though you can use Mac Contacts to assign a Prefix.

When i add a prefix in Mac Contacts (+ sign -> add field -> more fields -> Prefix) the contact will fail to download changes made from the Exchange side. It will still upload other changes made in the Contacts app though.

Additionally, in my case, there are some exchange contacts that seem to have the Prefix set to a blank value. These contacts don't show a Title in Outlook for Mac, but when I make a change to the contact in Outlook for Mac and sync back to exchange, it seems to properly remove the blank Prefix and the Mac Contacts App will sync the contact again.

I do recall the Title/Prefix working in previous versions."

Dec 29, 2014 7:31 AM in response to m_linc

I had the same problem with an Office 365 mailbox.

I tried to remove Title from contacts through Outlook 2010 for Windows but it didn't help.

I wrote the following PowerShell script to remove Title (PR_DISPLAY_NAME_PREFIX) from contacts.

From a Windows Computer or VM, you have to download and install Microsoft Exchange Web Services Managed API 2.2 (http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=42951). Then after replacing email and password, you have to execute the following script to remove Title from contacts.

$email ="xxxxx@xxxxxx.xx"

$password ="xxxxxxxx"

$EWSUrl ="https://outlook.office365.com/EWS/Exchange.asmx"

$EWSServicePath="C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange\Web Services\2.2\Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.dll"

Import-Module$EWSServicePath

$Service =New-ObjectMicrosoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.ExchangeService

$service.Credentials =New-ObjectMicrosoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.WebCredentials-ArgumentList$email,$password

$Service.Url =$EWSUrl

$folderid=new-objectMicrosoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.FolderId([Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.WellKnownFolderName]::Contacts,$email)

$Contacts=[Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.Folder]::Bind($service,$folderid)

$psPropset =New-ObjectMicrosoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.PropertySet([Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.BasePropertySet]::FirstClassProperties)

$PR_DISPLAY_NAME_PREFIX=New-ObjectMicrosoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.ExtendedPropertyDefinition(14917,[Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.MapiPropertyType]::String)

$psPropset.Add($PR_DISPLAY_NAME_PREFIX)

$ivItemView=
New-ObjectMicrosoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.ItemView(1000)

$fiItems =$null

do

{

$fiItems=$service.FindItems($Contacts.Id,$ivItemView)

[Void]$service.LoadPropertiesForItems($fiItems, $psPropset)

foreach ($Item in $fiItems.Items)

{

Write-Host -NoNewline ("Updating {0}: " -f $Item.Subject)

$result=$Item.RemoveExtendedProperty($PR_DISPLAY_NAME_PREFIX)

if ($result)

{ Write-Host-ForegroundColorGreen"Removed" }

else

{ Write-Host-ForegroundColorYellow"Not Present or unable to remove" }

$Item.Update([Microsoft.Exchange.WebServices.Data.ConflictResolutionMode]::AlwaysOverwrite)

}

$ivItemView.Offset += $fiItems.Items.Count

} while ($fiItems.MoreAvailable -eq $true)

After that, Contacts app has successfully synced my contacts.

Regards

Stéphane

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.