Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

while installing Adobe flash player , a message appears "please quit the following program to continue safari'

while installing adope flash player on my new macbook air , this message appears ,, i'm already not using safari ,, i cant think of anything else to close ..help ?!

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Apr 10, 2014 10:15 AM

2 replies

Dec 22, 2014 2:04 PM in response to AthAttar

53. Re: Mac installation says Safari is open, but it is not.

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

hellohelloworldworldd Jul 2, 2014 9:50 AM (in response to mazion)

If anyone else is having the issue where the Flash install is asking you to close Safari when you know it's closed, try this:

1. Open activity monitor: Applications > Utilities > Activity Monitor

2. Find a process called WebkitPluginAgent and force that to quit.

3. Then retry the flash install.

The above solution fixed the problem for me in OS X 10.10.1 . You can force it to quit by clicking the X in the upper left corner of the Activity Monitor window. After selecting WebkitPluginAgent.

while installing Adobe flash player , a message appears "please quit the following program to continue safari'

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.