Question: FIX: IPad turns on and off in a loop during charging, boots to home screen and reboots
Ok, after having my ipad 2 3rd Generation for about a year, its bombed out on me,playing on it until battery drained. Didn’t think anything of it, plugged into charge thinking it would be charged by the morning. This didn’t happen.
It was stuck on the apple sign, booted to home screen and switched off again due to low battery. Continued on this loop for the whole day……
I searched the internet and it seemed all doom and gloom that I would need to by another one. Then I stumbled upon a forum where the advice so far has worked for me.
The reason why it gets stuck in a loop is because the IPad was not shut down manually, so therefore keeps trying to boot up soon as it has some battery power. Problem is, its gone beyond a point and now and there isn’t enough battery life to boot to main or home screen after apple logo.
The remedy is quiet simple, follow these steps to get the ipad to home screen to power it down so it has sufficient time to charge up and boot normally and get off the endless loop.
- Plug into wall socket to get it charging.
- Wait until the apple logo appears and wants to boot up.
- QUICKLY hold down home button and reset/ sleep button at the same time until it reboots.
- Release buttons now. should now power down and reboot
- Repeat step 3 at least 30 to 40 times which is about 10 minutes in duration everytime you see the logo appear on the screen.
- Now Let IPad boot up fully, should see home screen with about 2% battery life
- QUICKLY hit the rest/ sleep button down for about 2 to 5 seconds.
- Swipe the screen to when slider appears to switch off the ipad.
- This will now power down the IPad which now will not reboot by itself so it can now charge without any interruption’s.
- Allow battery to charge for a least an hour or two without trying to put it on.
- Switch the IPad on
- You should now have about 10 to 20% battery Life
- Power it down again by holding the reset/ Sleep button down again and swipe the screen to power down, let it charge fully to 100% now which will take few hours
- Enjoy your IPad again 🙂 🙂
Lesson learnt. When your battery power is low, dont wait for it drain completely, rather power the pad down manually and let it charge when there is only about 2 to 4% battery life left.
Hope this guide helps people with the same problem as I had. Took me about 2 days of research and searching until I found a solution that worked. Hopefully this will assist anyone going through the same pain, and possibly not have to buy another one which seems to be the case when people take the pad to an istore with the same issue.
iPad 2, GUIDE TO FIX IPAD ON A LOOP