Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Anyone having trouble with FaceTime

iPhone 5, iOS 7

Posted on Apr 16, 2014 7:13 PM

184 replies

Apr 17, 2014 9:33 AM in response to modular747

Since today FT stopped working on my mothers iOS6 iPad and iPhone. I've tried calling with an iOS6 iPod and also got 'FT Connection failed'. Same whn I try to call from an iOS6 iPod to my iOS7 iPhone. From iOS7 iPhone to iOs7 iPad things are ok.

Could it be that Apple made some service change that killed iOS6 FT compatability?

Apr 17, 2014 11:35 AM in response to Tdyment

Yesterday all 3 of my apple devices stopped communicating via FaceTime. Some family members were still able to use theirs, but my iPhone 4, iPad2, and wife's iPhone 4 (different user ID/Account) gets a "connection failed" message everytime we try. Definitely noticing a trend over the past two days on Apple forums. I'm using iOS 6.++ version, but I think Apple has definitely done something and it is not user driven. For Jetfighter17, how are we sure the servers are fine? Is there a way to ping their servers? I received a message on my phone yesterday that stated "FaceTime Activation - Unable to contact the FaceTime server. Try again. [OK command button displayed]." My home network was fine and WiFi working correctly.

Apr 17, 2014 11:39 AM in response to DaymanJC

Well they have a direct web site stating there is no issue with the facetime server. I logged out and recconect and it says activation succesful on iphone and ipod. So im really suprirsed why it doesnt connect. I get the message "connection loss" on both, wifi is perfect, 3g/4g is perfect.

I am starting to believe its a apple server issue now since lots of people are having the problem.

(i had this problem 2 years ago, took it to the store. And basically they reset my id and password verifying it was correct. They told me give it 2 days to work, its just a server issue and it worked. The people from apple store was guessing with the answer they gave me)

Apr 17, 2014 12:05 PM in response to Tdyment

Don't know if helps but I filed a bug report (https://bugreport.apple.com) since it is simply no longer working on any of the iOS6 devices I've tried in my network as well as in another network.

Restarting iOS devices, network switches, de/-reactivating accounts, switching accounts all didn't work..

iOS7 devices had no issues which matches the above the 'facetime service' itself seems to be *fine*...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.