Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My appleTV has stopped streaming my photos, everything else works.

My Apple TV has stopped loading my pictures. Music and movies work fine. Was working for 2 months and then no more. Starts to load and then freezes and goes to the Apple pictures.

Apple TV (3rd generation), iOS 7.1

Posted on Apr 17, 2014 5:38 PM

22 replies

Apr 18, 2014 1:29 PM in response to Sue P De

I have a similar problem with atv2. Prior to the last update for atv2, in the past, I could stream photos from 2 different computers to 2 different atv2's. Both my iMac and Mac mini are running the latest os. Prior to the update I could play music from my library and randomly stream fro about 16000 photos without a problem. I'm running the most up to date itune software. Now, the screen takes forever to fill in with frayed out photos and if I try to play music, it crashes and restarts. This feature was one I used most often. Classical music in the background and 10 years of digital photos of trips and family with a morning cup of coffee. I can't do this any more. Please help!

Apr 18, 2014 1:43 PM in response to gsdoia

I've also tried restart & reset. I've talked with customer support several times. This has not helped. I brought both atv2's to the Genius Bar and had them reset. Still no progress. Also had comcast come and replace the modem. No help. They can handle movies from my hard drive or netflix without a problem. it's almost as if the capacity to stream large picture files has been disabled. Events with under a 1000 photos do stream ok with some effort.

Apr 18, 2014 5:55 PM in response to Sue P De

That's what's so aggravating. I used this feature, streaming my whole photo library, since the atv2 came out (2 or 3 years) without a problem. This feature ended when I did the last update. My problem seems very similar to yours. This discussion has had 90 hits. Maybe if others came forward this issue would be addressed. Maybe not that many users are randomly streaming their whole photo library. Where's Winston when you need him?

Apr 26, 2014 9:49 AM in response to Sue P De

Same issue here. I'm certain it's the last update (not that I'm telling anyone here what they don't already know!). I have an ATV 3rd gen, and a 2nd gen. The ATV3 is set for automatic updates; the ATV2 is manual. When I noticed the problem on the ATV3 after the last update (not the one today; the prior one), I checked the ATV2. It worked perfectly fine. Then I did the update, and the same problem occurred. (As you might have guessed, I did all the restore/reset stuff with the ATVs, modem, router, etc.)

And--not that this will come as a shock--today's update made no difference.

In my innocence, I guess I always thought updates were supposed to improve the product, not reduce its functionality. Sigh...

Apr 26, 2014 10:08 AM in response to dskor

Well that's three of us. I'm sure there are others out there that have this problem but may not be aware of it. I just happen to stream random photos from my computer as a more extensive screen saver rather than a limited number. Thanks for your post. It validates the problem we're having. Anyone out there with more expertise that can offer a solution or tell us where to go to make Apple more aware of this problem?

My appleTV has stopped streaming my photos, everything else works.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.