Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod charging when connected to wall outlet but not charging and connected when plugged to Computer. Help?

So I have my charger here that I bought and it was working fine, really fine. The last time that I plugged the cable to the computer was last week. I only do that when I want to add music. Now I wanted to add music and videos again. Now the problem is, whenever I connect it to the computer, it DOESNT. I don't see the LIGHTING symbol near the battery symbol. I don't see a notification from my iTouch whether to TRUST the computer or not, and I don't see the iTunes popping out and syncing my iTouch automatically.

I tried charging it again using the wall outlet but it was perfectly fine. I also did a lot of tutorials and stuff but none worked. I checked the cable, I tried on other USB ports, I did troubleshoot and nothing appeared, iTunes is updated, been restarting my iPod and Computer a dozen times now. I'm getting sick of this. PLEase help me.

iPod touch (5th generation), iOS 7.1

Posted on Apr 19, 2014 5:08 AM

2 replies

Apr 19, 2014 5:14 AM in response to SmilingCat01

See

iOS: Device not recognized in iTunes for Windows

- I would start with

Removing and Reinstalling iTunes, QuickTime, and other software components for Windows XP

or

Removing and reinstalling iTunes and other software components for Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8

However, after your remove the Apple software components also remove the iCloud Control Panel via Windows Programs and Features app in the Window Control Panel. Then reinstall all the Apple software components

- Then do the other actions of:

iOS: Device not recognized in iTunes for Windows

paying special attention to item #5

- New cable and different USB port

- Run this and see if the results help with determine the cause

iTunes for Windows: Device Sync Tests

Also see:

iPod not recognised by windows iTunes

Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates

- Try on another computer to help determine if computer or iPod problem

iPod charging when connected to wall outlet but not charging and connected when plugged to Computer. Help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.