Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 7.1.1 Signal loss

I have just installed iOS 7.1.1 and since then have had a very weak (or no) cell signal. My wife's iPhone 4S (without update) has 3/5 bar coverage in the same room on the same network.

I have compared data and network settings and are all ok. I have rebooted my phone etc but still have this weak or lost signal.

Does anyone else have this problem?

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1

Posted on Apr 22, 2014 3:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2014 6:10 PM

I have the same problem too.

Before updating my 4S to 7.1.1 I had 4 bars of coverage.

After updating my phone in the same room where I was getting 4 bars, I now only have 1 or 2 bars.

I've reset my network settings and rebooted my phone but that didn't fix it.

48 replies

Apr 23, 2014 3:03 PM in response to Gassit

If you go to your mobile settings and turn 3G/4G off and leave it for a few seconds then turn it back on it should be fixed.

Same goes if you don't use 3G/4G. If you don't use them and they are already turned off then turn them on for a few seconds then off again and it should be fixed.

My iPhone signal is back to normal since then.

Hope this helps!.

Apr 27, 2014 7:19 PM in response to Gassit

Same with me, my iPhone 5s since update has horrible signal and drops calls because it won't switch towers. I travel all over the country with my phone and until this update I've not had this issue with apple, only AT&T's crappy service. I'm having issues on highways I have traveled many times with no issues until now. Apple better fix this issue fast !!!!

iOS 7.1.1 Signal loss

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.