You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Developer Forums relocated!

Need help with Apple Developer tools and technologies? Want to share information with other developers and Apple engineers? Visit Developer Forums at Apple.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't launch a cordova ios app on device or simulator

Using Xcode 5.1.1

I have a cordova-based iOS app, which used to work just fine both in simulator and on an attached device. I would press the "run" button, and it would launch on a selected target. All was good.

However, after seemingly not really changing anything, I can't get the application to launch, at all. It builds just fine, other than a few warnings (which were also present before), there are no issues that I can see. After building, nothing happens. I see a "build succeeded" message, and nothing else. The app doesn't launch on a device, nor does it launch on a simulator.

I'm pretty much at loss as to what to do. I've read through every stackoverflow post that's even remotely related, I've reset the simulator, etc etc, but nothing seems to work. I've reinstalled Xcode, but that didn't help.

I can create a new project from Xcode, and that launches just fine. So it's something in my project, but I'm not sure what to look for.

Any suggestions?

Posted on Apr 22, 2014 6:38 PM

4 replies

Apr 22, 2014 6:46 PM in response to msuper69

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with cordova specifically. My guess is that something in the build settings or general project settings is misconfigured, but nothing looks out of place to me, and I'm not sure what to look for specifically as I don't have much experience using xcode or developing for ios.

I am using Xcode to build/launch an app, and develop bits of it, so I'm don't believe the question is misplaced.

Apr 22, 2014 6:50 PM in response to grigoryk

No. Use Xcode and Objective-C only and come back if you still have a problem.

Using non-Apple development tools adds complexity to problem solving that can be avoided by learning Objective-C and writing apps the way Apple intended. Shortcuts like Cordoba, PhoneGap, etc. often are not updated in a timely fashion and cause problems.

Can't launch a cordova ios app on device or simulator

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.