Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trouble connecting DisneyMoviesAnywhere account with iTunes account.

I am trying to connect my DisneyMoviesAnywhere account with my iTunes account, on my laptop. When Apple opens, it says I need to download iTunes. I already have the latest version of iTunes installed on my laptop.

Posted on Apr 23, 2014 10:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2014 1:44 PM

Hello there, rmnovelli.

For your issue some have seen a solution by downloading the latest update manually from this link:

iTunes 11.1.5

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1614

Once you've tried that, then try connecting your DMA account again. The following Knowledge Base article offers some good information in regards to the service:

About Disney Movies Anywhere and iTunes Store

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT6129

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Pedro.

22 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 25, 2014 1:44 PM in response to rmnovelli

Hello there, rmnovelli.

For your issue some have seen a solution by downloading the latest update manually from this link:

iTunes 11.1.5

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1614

Once you've tried that, then try connecting your DMA account again. The following Knowledge Base article offers some good information in regards to the service:

About Disney Movies Anywhere and iTunes Store

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT6129

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Pedro.

Apr 28, 2014 9:10 PM in response to pedro d

I have this same issue and I have verified that I do have the latest version. The knowledge base article is a joke, as it tells you what to do on disneys website, and then assumes that everything works perfect on apples site, and that there is no possibility for user error, as it doesnt provide any additional steps after disney send you to apple. this article needs completed.

Mar 31, 2015 12:57 PM in response to rmnovelli

I have the same exact issue (about one year after the OP).

Based on what I found, it seems that Disney Anywhere doesn't work well with Windows 7 64-bit edition (as stated in their knowledge base)... but what they don't say is that Disney Anywhere doesn't seem to recognize iTunes 64-bit, which I theorize is why every time you try and connect the two accounts, it redirects you to the iTunes download page... because it's trying to find iTunes 32-bit (or iTunes installed in the proper iTunes 32-bit directory/registry entries) but instead doesn't find it so it assumes you don't have iTunes installed.

Needless to say this is a very stupid oversight on Disney's part... and it means that all iTunes 64-bit users won't be able to connect their accounts to Disney Anywhere (at least for now... and I don't expect Disney to care to fix this anytime soon).

Apr 2, 2015 8:29 PM in response to chokaay

So after 2 calls and a couple hours with Disney Anywhere Tech Support, we found out that:

1) Due to the iTunes requirement, you CANNOT link Disney Anywhere with your Apple account from your iPad or iPhone (regardless of what Tech Support tells you)... you MUST do it from a computer WITH ITUNES INSTALLED. If Disney Anywhere Tech Support tells you that iTunes is pre-installed on all iPhones and iPads so it should work, they are WRONG!

2) Several combinations of PC + iTunes didn't work for me:

Windows 7 Professional (64-bit) + Chrome 41 + iTunes (64-bit) = NO GO

Windows 7 Professional (64-bit) + IE 11 + iTunes (64-bit) = NO GO

Windows XP Profesional (32-bit) + Chrome 41 + iTunes (32-bit) = NO GO

Windows XP Professional (32-bit) + IE 8 + iTunes (32-bit) = NO GO

Windows XP Profesional (32-bit) + FF 10 + iTunes (32-bit) = NO GO

Windows XP Profesional (32-bit) + FF 34 + iTunes (32-bit) = OK!

Apparently the trick is to have the browser successfully call on iTunes to activate the authorization prompt in a separate pop-up window. I am not sure why it's so difficult for Windows users to have this happen, but apparently according to Disney Anywhere Tech Support, they had no problem getting the proper windows to pop-up on a Macbook Air.

Oct 2, 2015 5:43 PM in response to pedro d

Nope got the same problem as chokaay. These instructions are determined by there being a successful connection between the initiating programs and the in use version of iTunes. Other services have acknowledged issues and go the redemption code route. The 32 bit is determined by ones systems not straight out REFUSING to use a downgraded program.

There are only so many hoops you can expect people to jump through before they are exasperated and at this point I am FURIOUS! Since it has been an issue for OVER and year it appears that neither party is interested in resolving this issue and I will be taking my video purchases elsewhere.

Oct 19, 2015 9:52 PM in response to Ulsha

EWhen I linked my DMA account to iTunes it froze iTunes. Now I cannot download anything - not Disney purchases or purchases made through iTunes - even sings. why did Disney change things - it used to be that entering the code on their site opened iTunes and allowed the digital copy download. they took away that option with the new Aladdin. How can I get the DMA account to stop freezing my iTunes downloads?

Trouble connecting DisneyMoviesAnywhere account with iTunes account.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.