Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

DVD does not play on DVD player

Hi All,

I've so far had very little problems using i-DVD. But recentely, every so often, a DVD I burn does not play on my external Sony DVD player. I get a message on the player "C 13 60". This doesn't only happen to the same project but random projects. The DVD plays perfectly well on my Mac though!

Im using the same method I always use.

Any ideas why?

Thanks
Alps

Quad, Mac OS X (10.4.3)

Posted on Aug 23, 2006 3:53 PM

46 replies

Aug 26, 2006 9:06 AM in response to SDIllini

Thanks for the link Sue. Alas, my error message is linked to a DVD player. Ive searched the web high and low for this error message but no luck.

Bengt, Im using QT 7.0.3 - i-DVD 5, and OS X 10.4.3

But I should soon been upgrading my QT (finally).

I'm going to try burning the same DVD again on another disk - see if results are the same.

Thanks again for the help.
Alps

Aug 26, 2006 11:43 PM in response to A1ps

Hi Alps & Sue

Alps. Sue is a most reliable source of information. I think this is the first time
I seen an hard to get advice from her. She is really a brick in all way.
I've made much greater blunders.

Try to get info from SONY and if You succeed please inform us what this
strange error code might indicate.

Test with:
- delete iDVD pref file - then
- use another DVD brand (Verbatim)

Yours Bengt W

Aug 27, 2006 4:10 AM in response to A1ps

I am new to Discussions. I burned very successfully a DVD disk from iPhoto, a slide show of nearly 500 images of my great-grandson who was to have his bar mitzvah in Israel. (He has since had it, without my slideshow!)
I played the disk on my iMac here in LA. Flawless. I had no time to try it on a US DVD player.
When i took it to israel, where the family lives, it did not play on either their
PC (very recent Toshiba) or their DVD player, using the PAL system.

How can i record this onto a disk to play as a DVD in their equpment? Any other advice? A special type of disk?

hopefully, devra in USA

Aug 29, 2006 12:01 AM in response to A1ps

This may sound crazy - but I've had problems playing "Mac burned" DVD videos with my Panasonic DVD player. Once it froze completely - no error message. But when I took it in for service - the first thing the service guy asked was, "Did you unplug this player and let it set for a minute, then plug it in again?" He explained that this resets the player, they do this "all the time" to unfreeze players.

This doesn't exactly match your issue, but I was wondering if you'd tried that following the error message?

Also - to my dismay - I have learned that my (fairly expensive) Panasonic player does NOT "support" homemade DVD videos. So - I have ordered a Phillips model (for much less $$) which has been listed and recommended for this purpose.

I was unaware - manufacturers are fairly cavalier with their sales pitches and only the models which DO have a wide range of capabilities actually mention playing homemade videos in their literature.

So here too - it may or may not apply to your Sony unit. Just wondering - is the issue you're having one which is new or has it always had trouble with the DVDs you make yourself?

Aug 29, 2006 3:06 AM in response to macnoel

Hi Folks,

Firstly I always burn disk on the "recommended" option - don't know which speed that is (might be X2?)

Macnoel, I'll try the reset method tonight - hopefully it works 🙂

Bengt and Sue... nice to see people being so nice to each other - is there something you both would like to share with the rest of us 😉

Alps

DVD does not play on DVD player

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.