Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 11.2 Update Breaks Keyboard Navigation

Early 2011 MacBook Pro, 15"

OS X 10.9.2

Just updated to iTunes 11.2 and I use the "Album" view, the large grid of Album Artwork. I browse my library by typing the first few letters of the artist I want to view, and iTunes used to jump to that letter/beginning of word immediately.

Now it doesn't work and instead jumps to random places - G brings up N, etc. there's no logic to it.

Anyone else having the same problem? Any easy way to roll back to previous version?

Posted on May 16, 2014 9:47 AM

49 replies

Jan 17, 2017 9:50 AM in response to studyplenty

Apple, this is so sad that this is not a joke. I wish it was, but it isn't.

And it just adds up to other long time standing bugs in iTunes.

Seems everything apple is worried about nowadays is shareholder value. Bugs do not bring profit. But if you do not fix them, they can kill profit very well. Hope apple understands that. But it seems they don't.

I have doubts this would have happened under jobs. He was passionate about his software and hardware.

May 17, 2014 2:22 AM in response to Bradley Kendall

I'd say the larger your iTunes library is, the more likely you are to navigate it using the keyboard and that's why we, people with a large library, are noticing this bug the most.

As I said hopefully it gets sorted soon in an update which should not be far away as there's also the problem of the hidden /User folder and its messed permissions when you install iTunes 11.2 and have "Find my Mac" enabled.

May 17, 2014 2:34 PM in response to Rafael Marino

That's a bummer.

By the way, I know this is pretty obvious and clumsy, but there is a temporary workaround. Go to Songs view, do your keyboard navigation (making sure Artist is selected as the sorting column), then go back to Albums view. You'll be right where you wanted to be - with two extra mouse clicks of course, which is the kind of thing we're trying to avoid in the first place. But still, it's faster than having to scroll up and down in Albums view.

Hope this is helpful. Again, pretty obvious and not a fix at all. Let's hope this bug does get sorted out soon. It's pretty clearly a bug.

iTunes 11.2 Update Breaks Keyboard Navigation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.