Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

bluetooth can find samsung sound bar but cannot keep the contact iPhone works well with s sound bar

I can listen to my music with samsung soundbar wh 550 but i cannot do that with my mac book air.

I can connect to samsung soundbar with my mac but the connection drops immediately. Please help

MacBook Air, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on May 18, 2014 1:02 AM

22 replies

Jun 25, 2014 7:45 PM in response to markofromespoo

Same issue here except I can't connect with MBP. Been looking around quite a bit, even tried using a USB Bluetooth dongle (iogearGBU521) but the problem remains. I see it's been a while since you posted this markofromespoo, have you found a solution to this since?

I know it's not the end of the world, but it is a first world problem that is driving me nuts!

Thanks,

Jerry

Jul 12, 2014 7:20 PM in response to markofromespoo

Have the same issue with a MacBookPro8,1 trying to keep Bluetooth connection to Samsung HW-F550 sound bar. Right after the initial pairing, it will connect for only one second and then it immediately drops the Bluetooth connection.

Bluetooth should be able to connect and pair without issue from the Macbook devices but apparently Apple has some strange Bluetooth settings in their laptops.

Sep 6, 2014 7:04 PM in response to markofromespoo

Same issue with my MBP and HW-H550 - connects/pairs, but promptly disconnects. Spoke with Samsung chat, who (rightly, in my opinion) suggested that since my iPhone 5 can connect without issue, the problem most likely sits with the MacBook. Spoke with Apple chat and walked through troubleshooting steps they suggested with no success (reset the System Management Controller, reset the PRAM, attempt to connect in Safe Mode, attempt to connect under a different user profile). I also unsuccessfully attempted to connect with an older (~5 years) MacBook.

Oct 13, 2014 2:30 PM in response to markofromespoo

USE this

Search Terminal (on your tool bar on the top right hand side)

Paste this code:

defaults write com.apple.BluetoothAudioAgent “Apple Bitpool Min (editable)” 40

you can delete the number 40 and add any number between 40-60 (trial and error)

i have a samsung soundbar and i used 54 works and sounds great!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJkx36m69Y4

bluetooth can find samsung sound bar but cannot keep the contact iPhone works well with s sound bar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.