Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes has stopped working - Windows 7

Hi, i've been struggling with this for a few days and its getting quite irritating haha hopefuly someone can help! Since updating to version 11.2.0.115, I get the message saying itunes has stopped working as soon as i open the program. It works fine with the internet disconnected, but after trying to reset the cache and checking the downloads folder nothing has changed. It works when opened in safe mode, which according to the troubleshooting tips means that the problem could be a plug in. However when i go to the program files(x86)/itunes folder there is no itunes plugins folder there, and when i go to the c:/users/username/appdata/roaming/applecomputer/itunes/itunesplug-ins folder it is empty.

Does anybody have any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Windows 7

Posted on May 24, 2014 10:23 AM

17 replies

May 26, 2014 6:45 AM in response to savo123

Hi savo123,

If your iTunes application will not launch you may want to go through the steps in the following article to troubleshoot. It sounds like you have done some of it already, including checking for plug-in issues.

iTunes for Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8: Fix unexpected quits or launch issues

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1717

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Brett L

Jul 26, 2014 8:15 AM in response to chefleanne

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it, which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down page in case one of them applies.

Your library should be unaffected by these steps but there is backup and recovery advice elsewhere in the user tip.

The section Install missing components has advice on breaking down the iTunes installer into the individual .msi files which might prove useful if one component, such as Bonjour, won't install normally, although in this case you may simply need to adjust the startup type of the Bonjour service to Automatic in services.msc.

tt2

Aug 13, 2014 11:13 PM in response to chefleanne

Hi another method I found worked was to uninstall ITunes ,download and save iTunes 11 and the latest version ,run iTunes 11,you will then get a message saying "iTunes cant run as the library was created by a later version of iTunes" ,

run the later version of iTunes without uninstalling iTunes 11 this worked on windows8

you can download any version of iTunes at "Olderversion.com"

Hope this helps

iTunes has stopped working - Windows 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.