Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: iPhone won't send picture texts to Android phones

I can't send pics via text to Android

[Re-Titled by Host]

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6)

Posted on Jun 1, 2014 6:32 PM

Question marked as Helpful

Jun 4, 2014 8:44 AM in response to Steve the Microsoft guy In response to Steve the Microsoft guy

Hello ,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

To troubleshoot your issue of not being able to MMS, please follow the troubleshooting below:

To resolve issues with sending and receiving MMS, follow these steps

1. Go to Settings and turn airplane mode off.
  2. Go to Settings > Messages and turn MMS Messaging on.
  3. Go to Settings > Cellular and turn Cellular Data on.
  4. Go to Settings > Cellular and turn Data Roaming on if you're roaming on a cellular provider network that is different from your billing provider's network.
  5. Make sure that you have a cellular data connection in the status bar of your iPhone.
  6. Go to Settings and turn Wi-Fi off. Open Safari and navigate to www.apple.com to verify that you have a data connection. Turn Wi-Fi back on to continue using Wi-Fi for other features. If your cellular data connection isn't available, follow these steps.
  7. Make sure that you can send and receive SMS. If you can't send and receive SMS, see the "Issues with sending and receiving SMS" section, above. MMS might not be available while you're on a call. Only 3G and faster GSM networks support simultaneous data and voice calls. Learn more about which network your phone supports.
  8. Restart your iPhone.
  9. Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings on your iPhone.
  10. Remove your SIM card and insert it again.

If you still can't send or receive MMS, follow these steps

1. Make sure that the contact trying to message you isn't blocked in Settings > Messages > Blocked.
  2. Go to Settings > Messages and turn on group messaging if you're sending a group message.
  3. Make sure that you're using the area code with the contact's phone number. When you send messages internationally, you also need the contact's international code.
  4. If you're using a "Pay as you go" MMS plan, make sure it has enough available balance. If you're unsure of your MMS plan or available balance, contact your carrier.
  5. If the issue occurs with a specific contact or contacts, back up or forward important messages and delete your current messaging threads with the contact. Create a new message to the contact and try again.
  6. If the issue occurs with a specific contact or contacts, delete and recreate the contact from the Contacts app. Send a new message to the new contact.
  7. Back up and restore your iPhone as new.
  8. If your carrier has recently ported your phone number, the porting process might not be complete. Contact your carrier to confirm that the porting process is complete.
  9. Contact your carrier to verify that you're provisioned to send SMS and are in an area with cellular coverage.
  10. Contact your carrier to verify that there aren't blocks or filters on your wireless account preventing you from sending SMS.
  11. Your carrier might require modified APN settings to use MMS.

iOS: Troubleshooting Messages

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2755

Take care,

Alex H.

Jun 4, 2014 8:44 AM

Jun 8, 2017 8:04 PM in response to IdrisSeabright In response to IdrisSeabright

I am having problems sending videos and pictures to anyone to and I have also done everything that you said or that that other person said. I have since then asked around my office and nobody seems to be able to send pictures or video to a phone other than iPhone we all have several different carriers

Jun 8, 2017 8:04 PM

May 8, 2017 5:26 PM in response to IdrisSeabright In response to IdrisSeabright

Yes, yes and yes. I have sprint. I have data and my plan isn't preventing it. I don't have problems sending anything from my daughters android to other androids. Just from the iPhone. I have checked all of the settings from the previous post. I'm at a loss on what else to check.

May 8, 2017 5:26 PM

May 8, 2017 3:45 PM in response to Roxanne.Ritchie In response to Roxanne.Ritchie

Roxanne.Ritchie wrote:

Yes! I can send videos to my husbands iPhone and it sends instantly, but no photos to my friends with androids at all.

Do you have MMS enabled with your carrier? Do you have MMS turned on in Settings>Messages? Do you have an active cellular data connection?

May 8, 2017 3:45 PM

Jul 28, 2017 7:32 AM in response to Steve the Microsoft guy In response to Steve the Microsoft guy

Had the same issue. I couldn't send mms to android phones, only iMessages to Apple devices.

Strangely enough, turning _OFF_ "MMS messaging" (grey) in Settings>Messages actually solved the problem for me. Now MMS works fine, although it's still deactivated.

Jul 28, 2017 7:32 AM

May 21, 2017 12:16 PM in response to IdrisSeabright In response to IdrisSeabright

Why you think we are stupid? I phone have a problem and don't want to address it. And calling US stupid is the best thing that they can do; shame on you all this doesn't make us want apple more or going to make us tell our friends buy iPhone so I can send you picks and videos.

May 21, 2017 12:16 PM

May 9, 2017 6:00 AM in response to Roxanne.Ritchie In response to Roxanne.Ritchie

I would start by double checking with Sprint that there are no blocks on MMS on your account. I know you said it's enabled but sometimes things happen. I've seen it happen that someone tries to put a block on something on a child's phone and it ends up on theirs. Or, when they switch phones, settings get messed up.

My next step would be to reset the network settings. Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings (note this will delete all saved WiFi passcodes).

May 9, 2017 6:00 AM

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Jun 4, 2014 8:44 AM in response to Steve the Microsoft guy In response to Steve the Microsoft guy

Hello ,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

To troubleshoot your issue of not being able to MMS, please follow the troubleshooting below:

To resolve issues with sending and receiving MMS, follow these steps

1. Go to Settings and turn airplane mode off.
  2. Go to Settings > Messages and turn MMS Messaging on.
  3. Go to Settings > Cellular and turn Cellular Data on.
  4. Go to Settings > Cellular and turn Data Roaming on if you're roaming on a cellular provider network that is different from your billing provider's network.
  5. Make sure that you have a cellular data connection in the status bar of your iPhone.
  6. Go to Settings and turn Wi-Fi off. Open Safari and navigate to www.apple.com to verify that you have a data connection. Turn Wi-Fi back on to continue using Wi-Fi for other features. If your cellular data connection isn't available, follow these steps.
  7. Make sure that you can send and receive SMS. If you can't send and receive SMS, see the "Issues with sending and receiving SMS" section, above. MMS might not be available while you're on a call. Only 3G and faster GSM networks support simultaneous data and voice calls. Learn more about which network your phone supports.
  8. Restart your iPhone.
  9. Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings on your iPhone.
  10. Remove your SIM card and insert it again.

If you still can't send or receive MMS, follow these steps

1. Make sure that the contact trying to message you isn't blocked in Settings > Messages > Blocked.
  2. Go to Settings > Messages and turn on group messaging if you're sending a group message.
  3. Make sure that you're using the area code with the contact's phone number. When you send messages internationally, you also need the contact's international code.
  4. If you're using a "Pay as you go" MMS plan, make sure it has enough available balance. If you're unsure of your MMS plan or available balance, contact your carrier.
  5. If the issue occurs with a specific contact or contacts, back up or forward important messages and delete your current messaging threads with the contact. Create a new message to the contact and try again.
  6. If the issue occurs with a specific contact or contacts, delete and recreate the contact from the Contacts app. Send a new message to the new contact.
  7. Back up and restore your iPhone as new.
  8. If your carrier has recently ported your phone number, the porting process might not be complete. Contact your carrier to confirm that the porting process is complete.
  9. Contact your carrier to verify that you're provisioned to send SMS and are in an area with cellular coverage.
  10. Contact your carrier to verify that there aren't blocks or filters on your wireless account preventing you from sending SMS.
  11. Your carrier might require modified APN settings to use MMS.

iOS: Troubleshooting Messages

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2755

Take care,

Alex H.

Jun 4, 2014 8:44 AM

Reply Helpful (118)

May 8, 2017 3:45 PM in response to Roxanne.Ritchie In response to Roxanne.Ritchie

Roxanne.Ritchie wrote:

Yes! I can send videos to my husbands iPhone and it sends instantly, but no photos to my friends with androids at all.

Do you have MMS enabled with your carrier? Do you have MMS turned on in Settings>Messages? Do you have an active cellular data connection?

May 8, 2017 3:45 PM

Reply Helpful (37)

May 8, 2017 3:46 PM in response to Roxanne.Ritchie In response to Roxanne.Ritchie

Roxanne.Ritchie wrote:

This didn't help. I still can't send pic msgs to android phones from my iPhone 7.

We posted at the same time. See my post just above yours.

May 8, 2017 3:46 PM

Reply Helpful (16)

May 8, 2017 5:26 PM in response to IdrisSeabright In response to IdrisSeabright

Yes, yes and yes. I have sprint. I have data and my plan isn't preventing it. I don't have problems sending anything from my daughters android to other androids. Just from the iPhone. I have checked all of the settings from the previous post. I'm at a loss on what else to check.

May 8, 2017 5:26 PM

Reply Helpful (43)

May 9, 2017 6:00 AM in response to Roxanne.Ritchie In response to Roxanne.Ritchie

I would start by double checking with Sprint that there are no blocks on MMS on your account. I know you said it's enabled but sometimes things happen. I've seen it happen that someone tries to put a block on something on a child's phone and it ends up on theirs. Or, when they switch phones, settings get messed up.

My next step would be to reset the network settings. Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings (note this will delete all saved WiFi passcodes).

May 9, 2017 6:00 AM

Reply Helpful (8)

May 21, 2017 12:16 PM in response to IdrisSeabright In response to IdrisSeabright

Why you think we are stupid? I phone have a problem and don't want to address it. And calling US stupid is the best thing that they can do; shame on you all this doesn't make us want apple more or going to make us tell our friends buy iPhone so I can send you picks and videos.

May 21, 2017 12:16 PM

Reply Helpful (10)

May 21, 2017 1:47 PM in response to DRAGONAZUL888 In response to DRAGONAZUL888

DRAGONAZUL888 wrote:

Please point out where I said anyone was stupid. In order to determine whether the problem is with the phone itself, one must do troubleshooting. And, no, most iPhones don't have a problem sending pictures to Android users.

I don't think your stupid; I think you're rude.

May 21, 2017 1:47 PM

Reply Helpful (2)

Jun 8, 2017 8:04 PM in response to IdrisSeabright In response to IdrisSeabright

I am having problems sending videos and pictures to anyone to and I have also done everything that you said or that that other person said. I have since then asked around my office and nobody seems to be able to send pictures or video to a phone other than iPhone we all have several different carriers

Jun 8, 2017 8:04 PM

Reply Helpful (81)
User profile for user: Steve the Microsoft guy

Question: iPhone won't send picture texts to Android phones