Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone won't send picture texts to Android phones

I can't send pics via text to Android

[Re-Titled by Host]

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6)

Posted on Jun 1, 2014 6:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 8, 2017 5:26 PM

Yes, yes and yes. I have sprint. I have data and my plan isn't preventing it. I don't have problems sending anything from my daughters android to other androids. Just from the iPhone. I have checked all of the settings from the previous post. I'm at a loss on what else to check.

58 replies

May 9, 2017 6:00 AM in response to Roxanne.Ritchie

I would start by double checking with Sprint that there are no blocks on MMS on your account. I know you said it's enabled but sometimes things happen. I've seen it happen that someone tries to put a block on something on a child's phone and it ends up on theirs. Or, when they switch phones, settings get messed up.

My next step would be to reset the network settings. Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings (note this will delete all saved WiFi passcodes).

May 21, 2017 1:47 PM in response to DRAGONAZUL888

DRAGONAZUL888 wrote:

Why you think we are stupid? I phone have a problem and don't want to address it. And calling US stupid is the best thing that they can do; shame on you all this doesn't make us want apple more or going to make us tell our friends buy iPhone so I can send you picks and videos.

Please point out where I said anyone was stupid. In order to determine whether the problem is with the phone itself, one must do troubleshooting. And, no, most iPhones don't have a problem sending pictures to Android users.

I don't think your stupid; I think you're rude.

Jul 16, 2017 6:48 PM in response to bgerj

bgerj wrote:

This just worked for me: Go to Settings --> Messages and make sure that BOTH "Send as SMS" and "MMS Messaging" are turned on.

"Send as SMS" has nothing to do with sending messages to Android users. That setting is only relevant to iMessage recipients. It tells the phone to resend an iMessage as SMS if it fails to go as an iMessage.

Jul 16, 2017 6:56 PM in response to bgerj

That would either indicate that your sister had switched from an iPhone to an Android phone and hadn't deregistered her phone or that it was a coincidence that it started working at the same time. I've done the test repeatedly, every time someone says this is the case. I've had no problem sending an MMS to an Android phone (with a number that was never activated on an iPhone) with that setting disabled.

Jul 23, 2017 1:22 PM in response to chuck_3rd

Hello. I have had this problem for years. I read all the way through this thread and did everything very carefully. Tested every step nothing worked. Then called Verizon and they said YES MMS was blocked! She unblocked and had me send a picture to an android phone and sure enough they got it. Then I sent a message into a mixed android iPhone group text I had been knocked out of. They all got my text! yay! It is a thing. So happy to solve this.

Oct 2, 2017 10:06 AM in response to Munro1982djdjd

Munro1982djdjd wrote:

I know your first response is to assume I’m inept, but I’m not the only one with this issue. None of the fixes you listed did anything. Please try harder.

No one is assuming you're inept. Unless you tell us what you've done already, we don't know. "Everything" is not that useful. We can try harder at mind reading but, really I think it would be more productive if you tried harder at giving more details.

What did your carrier say when you contacted them?

Remember, this is a user-to-user forum. No one is obligated to help you.

iPhone won't send picture texts to Android phones

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.