Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Acer K272HUL resolution terrible

I just got an Acer K272HUL (after my less than 2 year old Apple LCD Cinema Display died and Apple wanted $827 to fix it). The Acer does not connect through HDMI to my brand new macbook pro, but does come up with a mini display port to displayport cable. The picture quality is terrible. Small text is very pixilated and it's hard on the eyes. I contact Acer, but they (not surprisingly) said it should be fixed in the apple display settings. I can't find any solution. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks very much.

Roger

Macbook Pro 15", Mac OS X (10.5.7)

Posted on Jun 4, 2014 4:42 PM

9 replies

Jul 4, 2014 2:20 PM in response to rblonder

Hi everybody,

Indeed this solution worked for my MBPR 13, however I just bought an Acer K272HUL monitor for my Mac Mini (Late 2012) and unfortunately, the max resolution is still 1920 x 1080.

Of course, I tried using mini displayport (which is able to render this resolution, as HDMI port can only provide 1080p) to DVI or mini displayport to HDMI, but the system could not detect this monitor as being able to support 2560x1440 resolution.

Both, MBPR 13 and Mac Mini are running MacOSX 10.9.4.

What else should I do? Please help!

Thank you!

Jul 5, 2014 7:13 AM in response to ilema

I'm back with a positive result! 🙂

Using a mini displayport to displayport cable I finally have what I needed: to use the 2560 x 1440 resolution.

After all, that's why I bought this monitor: to have a higher resolution and this way to have a better rendering of text.

Both, DP 1.1 and DP 1.2 settings available on the monitor menu worked.

(this solution was mentioned in this post: Acer K272HUL Monitor not seeing MacBook Pro)

Sep 1, 2015 8:25 AM in response to rblonder

Hi:

I just bought this Screen K272 HULA and i have the same issue. Connected DVI-DVI I have no issues but max. resolution is FHD, when i try to connect mDP - DP all i get is a No signal error... I have a Mac Pro mid 2010 ATI Radeon HD 5870 with this wire

http://www.startech.com/Cables/Audio-Video/DisplayPort/6-ft-Mini-DisplayPort-to- DisplayPort-Adapter-Cable-Male-to-Male~MDP2DPMM6

I tried to force RGB but still with no luck and no signal income.

I also tried to change DP setting but i have not any DP setting in my menu, so I cant do it.

Please help.

What can i do?

Acer K272HUL resolution terrible

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.