Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes 11.2.2 not responding

Recently updated to 11.2.2 and since then my itunes keps timing out with the spinning wheel and is constantly stuck, not responding, any advice please apple ?

This is not good, i have re loaded it 3 times and still no good.............

iOS 7.1.1

Posted on Jun 9, 2014 11:55 AM

22 replies

Jun 11, 2014 7:07 AM in response to jamesfrancis42

Hi jamesfrancis42,

The first thing I would suggest to troubleshoot your iTunes issue would be to create and test using a new iTunes library. This article describes how to do so -

iTunes 11 for Mac: Use multiple iTunes libraries

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH12166

If iTunes behaves in the same way with a new library, you can continue to troubleshoot using the steps in this article -

Mac OS X: How to troubleshoot a software issue

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1199

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Brett L

Jun 16, 2014 7:51 PM in response to jamesfrancis42

I am having this issue as well, and it takes forever to sync. Lately after the update for itunes, I get an error message saying cannot sync ipod to itunes unknown error code 13010. I am still able to put music on my ipod and remove it. It just takes a very long time and that error message pops up when I connect my device as well as when I try to modify any data whatsoever.

Jun 17, 2014 7:10 PM in response to Brett L

I have the same problem and really starting to get irritated! How about instead of us troubleshooting our machines you just fix itunes? I get as far as sending information to apple and then the rainbow spinning disk of death! I then have to open another app to get into the menu bar to force quit where it says itunes (is not responding)

Jun 17, 2014 8:06 PM in response to jamesfrancis42

I'm having the exact same problem with two iOS devices... iPhone 5 and iPad. Everything works normal until I plug either in... iPhoto appears to be working and syncing up, but the device shows up in iTunes and then the program just freezes... extremely irritating when trying to get music onto either device... I'm currently backing up my Library to an external hard drive and then I will try to reinstall iTunes, but I doubt it will work.

Jun 17, 2014 8:49 PM in response to roydm

Just opened a case with Apple, seems it is having trouble Syncing both wifi and wired and it locks up itunes, tried a number of solutions over the phone but they did not work. It is not phone specific as I tried two phones, two cables and different USB ports as well as wifi. If I turn wifi off I can navigate itunes just fine. Will wait to see what apple says and go from there, will let you all know. . . . .

Jun 23, 2014 9:55 PM in response to jamesfrancis42

I am having the exact same problem. I have tried EVERYTHING. Nothing is working. This has happened before and Apple eventually fixed it with an update. It's unfortunate that their premature release of an update results in our endless irritation trying to remedy our malfunctioning software. Especially when they tell us to do all sorts of troubleshooting, ultimately in vain. I filed a report with Apple, online. Please fix this Apple. This is on your end. Thanks.

By the way jamesfrancis, I'm not sure what you're referring to about the sync services folder...? i have a windows 7 pc and I can't find that anywhere. Thanks!

Jun 23, 2014 9:58 PM in response to Brett L

I am having the exact same problem. I have tried EVERYTHING. Nothing is working. This has happened before and Apple eventually fixed it with an update. It's unfortunate that their premature release of an update results in our endless irritation trying to remedy our (now) malfunctioning software. Especially when they tell us to do all sorts of troubleshooting, ultimately in vain. I filed a report with Apple, online. Please fix this Apple. This is on your end. Thanks.

itunes 11.2.2 not responding

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.