Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't Find My Stuff with New Discussion Activity Stream

I'm trying to follow a Discussion I commented on. This use to be done by clicking on MyStuff.

But MyStuff is gone. And it seems the user is suppose to click on 'Activity'

But, All I get when clicking 'Activity' is information about what Activity is suppose to do. I don't get a list of the Discussions I have commented on or started.

Am I missing something? (Besides MyStuff)?

Posted on Jun 19, 2014 9:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 19, 2014 9:57 AM

II'm struggling also, but if you click on Content at the top and then click on Participated on the left side you can see the discussions you're participating in. It's different......we'll adjust, we always do!

49 replies

Jun 19, 2014 2:08 PM in response to SeaPapp

Mike Sombrio wrote:

II'm struggling also, but if you click on Content at the top and then click on Participated on the left side you can see the discussions you're participating in. It's different......we'll adjust, we always do!

BUt as soon as you open the thread the Follow gets turned on automatically. I never follow threads. Have to turn it off.

only good point, compatible with ipad browser now. But no edits??

Jun 20, 2014 12:24 AM in response to SeaPapp

Mike Sombrio wrote:

Click on your screen name at the upper left and select Preferences and turn off email notifications.

I Have been around a year or two thanks. That is off, always has been. I used My Stuff, which I have now found again.

Point is I came back to this thread again today. The "following" came back on, had to turn it off again. Intermittent problem which all we all know is the worst sort. I have no idea why it was turned on but I am getting turned off faster than getting used to this "improvement"

Jun 20, 2014 12:28 AM in response to markwmsn

markwmsn wrote:

I don't see that. There's a grey checkmark with the word Follow below it, but I have to click it if I want to follow (in which case it becomes a blue check with the word Following below it).

OK in the absence of the Edit function 😠 It seems that if you click Content, Participated then tap on a thread (I always use ipad) the Follow turns on And I have to turn it off. This happens even if I have already turned it off for that thread. Subsequent threads it does not happen Until I go back to Content, Participated.

illogical behaviour usually suggests a bug.

Jun 20, 2014 6:47 AM in response to LD150

peter_watt wrote:

markwmsn wrote:

I don't see that. There's a grey checkmark with the word Follow below it, but I have to click it if I want to follow (in which case it becomes a blue check with the word Following below it).

OK in the absence of the Edit function 😠 It seems that if you click Content, Participated then tap on a thread (I always use ipad) the Follow turns on And I have to turn it off. This happens even if I have already turned it off for that thread. Subsequent threads it does not happen Until I go back to Content, Participated.

illogical behaviour usually suggests a bug.

Aha. I had not tried that path before. Now I see what you mean.

Actually, I don't find it surprising that "following" would be turned on for a discussion in which I am participating. Not sure now which behavior is the bug, but consistency would be nice.

Jun 20, 2014 9:48 PM in response to 60wpm

I hope they wake up and give us an option for classic view or something because this is terrible. Also, Matt's Post Keep up to date with Activity Stream says there is supposed to be an Unanswered Questions view, but I have an email updates view instead? Anyone know what's up with that or what I'm missing? Mainly, I want to be able to select a few discussion boards like before, and just see the un resolved/unanswered discussions. Also, does anyone know how to customize what boards are shown in All Activity because what I am seeing is fine, but I'm sure it not the whole website (all boards) and I want to know how to customize it maybe? Any pro tips are great.

Jun 20, 2014 10:58 PM in response to stevejobsfan0123

Yeah that will be great, I am really praying they offer the chance to choose between two views (hopefully not forcing us into the Windows 8 type mess optimized for touch screens lol). Anyhow, I found how to see what boards I'm following unless my user profile and how to follow or unfollow the whole board. The only thing that ***** is that if I want to get email notifications for discussion I'm in, I have to turn on all notifications which included everything in in that activity monitor, which is the only real way I have found to quickly review the newest postings for the boards I am watching. Hopefully they fix that so I can review the boards and/oir unanswered questions for certain boards without getting emails for every single posting (currently have a rule set up to help with these emails that says New Discussion activity).

Can't Find My Stuff with New Discussion Activity Stream

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.