Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot install Flash Player

I took my Macbook Pro into the store and they had to delete everything and then reinstall the OS and all my data. I have not had any problems redownloading various applications, but no matter what I do, I cannot install Flashplayer. I have tried uninstalling, reinstalling, opening the installer directly from the package, etc. There is no version of flash currently on my computer, but still, I cannot download and install it (even an older version). Can someone please help me?

Posted on Jun 22, 2014 1:16 PM

12 replies

Jun 22, 2014 1:27 PM in response to bigschwabbel

OS Version 10.9.3

Safari Version 7.0.4

Yes, I attempted to install it directly from Adobe's website. I first tried their most updated version (several times), and then attempted to install older versions. Neither worked.

I have not installed any antivirus software yet.

The error message (around 60% installation on the newest version) is simply "general installation error."

Would love any suggestions you have! Thank you!

Jun 22, 2014 1:28 PM in response to bradthechick

Do you have virus software installed? If yes, I would remove it. See this discussion.

Boot into the Recovery Drive by holding down Command R when restarting.

Run Repair Drive and Repair Permissions in using Disk Utility in recovery.

After restarting, download and run the combo updater to refresh your OS X files.

OS X Mavericks 10.9.3 (Update (Combo)

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1746

Jun 22, 2014 8:17 PM in response to bradthechick

I had to start from scratch after a repair. Genius Bar installed Maverick 10.9.3. I got home last night and before doing much else,

I went to Adobe and downloaded Flash & Reader and installed them with no problem. I suspect it's something you've re-installed on

your computer and possibly not from a fresh download. I found I couldn't just re-install one app from my back-up.

I needed to download it fresh and install. If you've done anything like that, perhaps, that could your problem.

Cannot install Flash Player

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.