Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I got an email from AppleCare Support about a call I never made

I got this email about an apparent call I made to AppleCare Support. I never made any such call. If that is so, then why did I receive this email? Did someone call with my account information or is this scam?

Dear Apple Customer:

We're very interested in getting your feedback

regarding the last Advisor you spoke with, R-------, on your recent call to Apple

support. The case id number for this call was: 6----------.

Your

perspective is very important to Apple and the AppleCare team. All information

you provide will be treated as confidential and will be used solely to improve

our support programs and product offerings.

To complete this web survey,

simply click on the web address (URL) displayed below or copy and paste the

entire web address into the address field of your web browser.

(Link to the survey)

We appreciate your taking the time to let us know how well we are

meeting your expectations.

Sincerely,

AppleCare Service and

Support

---------------------------------------------------------------

(Link to Apple's privacy policies)

Note:

We are unable to respond to messages sent to this survey e-mail account. Please

call AppleCare, visit Apple's support website, or visit an Apple Retail Store if

you require further assistance.

Posted on Jun 24, 2014 11:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2014 12:36 PM

Gill12,

You are probably right to be suspicious of possible phishing, scam or malware.

It could be a foul up, I suppose

It is hard to tell without analysis of the link you omitted

Don't go there

Go here https://ssl.apple.com/support/feedback/

write them what you wrote here

THEN

Copy/Paste the entire email into the comments field (it is Plain Text NOT HTML) so the link should just show up to them as a string

CCC

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 24, 2014 12:36 PM in response to Gill12

Gill12,

You are probably right to be suspicious of possible phishing, scam or malware.

It could be a foul up, I suppose

It is hard to tell without analysis of the link you omitted

Don't go there

Go here https://ssl.apple.com/support/feedback/

write them what you wrote here

THEN

Copy/Paste the entire email into the comments field (it is Plain Text NOT HTML) so the link should just show up to them as a string

CCC

Jun 24, 2014 8:41 PM in response to Gill12

You're welcome,

I am not as experienced here as many, many folks. But am experienced with funky emails, phone calls, door-to-door-gypsies, etc. - many of us are

ONE SUGGESTION - make SURE your email is ONLY VISIBLE to YOURSELF in your Privacy Prefs. They had to get email addy somewhere and know that you were an Apple Customer somehow. Guests can peruse Profiles as well as RegUsers <= I am NOT gonna say it)

2 summers ago, I was live-in caregiver for my Dad & Mom. I am watchin TV in the back room and before I know what's happening, my poor folks had given some gypsies $100 cash to 'clean' the outside of their gutters! The hook those f****** used was elegantly simple. They had gone into HomeDepot, grabbed a handful of Behr Product brochures and were saying they were using this stuff to clean with at $60/gallon! Turns out the product was really $6 (SIX) /gallon!! They were just about to get a check for $600 from my Mom (had it written about to sign and hand it over) when I wandered out to the front and saw the commotion. I immediately put a stop to it. Papa Gypsy started to get in my face & fight before his kinsmen grabbed him and dragged him off as I was calling 911.

Moral... trust NO-ONE - in any form of media - no matter how slick the deal looks. My poor OLD folks still don't realize what happened. They think *I* was the a******!

All your scammer had to do was parrot Applese, design with alot of white space, put real looking footers and such. The tell to me for sure was "Call Apple" with NO NUMBER (I didn't think you intentionally edited that out)

Glad you posted and I was able to help. Maybe Apple will sick their goons on 'em 👿 I'd have goons if I was rich and powerful wouldn't you? 👿

gnite

CCC

I got an email from AppleCare Support about a call I never made

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.